I turned to look at Aro, Marcus and Caius to see their reaction. The expression on Caius’ face was weird. It wasn't full of hate and anger like usual. Instead now it was unreadable to me.  

(Caius’ POV)

“And now Juliana Whitlock.” When I heard her name I turned my head around to look at her. 

My eyes widened and lips parted slightly. She was wearing this gorgeous black and red gown. Her long honey blond hair was pulled up into a bun and a few strands of her hair had been left loose to frame her face. 
She walked confidently inside the room and took a place on the side beside a wall. Her black eyes met mine in a split second before she looked away. I on the other hand couldn't take my eyes off of her. I heard a chuckle on my side so I turned around to look at what was going on. It was Aro. He had an amused expression on his face. 

“I have never seen the mate bond going this strong in just a few seconds. Basically from zero to ninety.” Marcus said before walking on the other side of the room to talk to someone. 

“Why did she attend as a guest?” Aro asked.

“Well she came. Isn't that the most important thing?” I said looking at her.

“I guess you are right brother.” 

Then without even realizing my legs started carrying me towards her and stopped right next to her.

“Came to throw insults at me again?” She asked.

“To be completely honest, I don’t know why I’m here but since I am I wanted to apologize.” She turned to fully face me and looked at me with a questioning look on her face. “I didn't have any right to say those things about you and I’m sorry for my actions.”

“Apologize, accept. But like I said on that day, I won’t tolerate you speaking to me like that.” 

“I don’t know if you believe me but I will never speak to you like that again.”

“I want to believe that. So I do believe you.”

I nodded and watched her as she looked around the room and then back at me.

A small smirk grew on her face. "What are you looking, my king?"

I cleared my throat. The way she called me 'her king' it woke something inside of me. "You look very beautiful tonight."

"Thank you Caius. You don’t look too bad yourself."

A walz started to play in the room and some people started to gather in the middle of the dancing floor.

“This is called the Volturi waltz. It’s always played in this ball. Usually it's for couples and mates.” I explained.

“So you haven't danced it?” She asked.

“No I haven't.” 

“Would you like to?” I turned to look at her. A slight smile danced on her face when she asked that. 

“M’lady.” I bowed and gave her my hand so she could place her on mine. She smiled and placed her hand on mine. I led her in the middle of the dance floor. She placed her right hand on my shoulder and left on my right hand. I carefully placed my left hand on her waist and we started dancing.

“Your eyes are black.” I whispered while looking in her eyes while dancing. 

“I haven't fed myself for a while.” She whispered back.

“They are beautiful. Like two shimmering black onyx stones.” If she could blush she would be red at this moment. “As much as I like them, we need to get you something to drink. I can get animal blood for you somehow since you aren't comfortable drinking from humans just yet. I will do that later tonight.”

“That is very nice of you. Thank you. I’m sorry but I must say that you seem like a completely different man.” 

“I’m sorry that I have been… like that to you all these days. I really try to become better at this mate thing. It feels like I finally understand things that I should have understood a long time ago."

“I appreciate that. I think that we both have things to learn.”

“You are too kind. I don’t deserve your kindness.” 

“Everybody deserves kindness. That includes you Caius.”

The way my name fell from her beautiful lips. It was absolutely mesmerizing. What is this feeling? One thing I do know, and it’s that I don’t want this moment to end. But we always can’t have what we want. The song ended so I bowed and led her away from the dance floor. 

We saw that Sulpicia waved at her so she could go and speak with her.

“I really hope that we can get to know each other better.” She spoke.

“I would like that as well.” I gave her a small smile which made her smile as well before she smiled at me one last time before walking to Sulpicia. 

________________________________________________________

You can find the Volturi Waltz from YouTube or Spotify :).