Chapter 36: Why isn't she afraid?

Start from the beginning

She thought she was winning but darn, she forgot one thing though.
I never lose and
this is my mother fucking game.

I kept silent, not speaking any further. Right then, the only thing I could do was brainstorm ways to get out and every single fucking detail was damn important to get a clear blue print.

"Don't worry, my dear Aspen. I won't keep you long enough. I will end it really soon, without pain."

She chuckled darkly before every other guy in the room did the same. I didn't realize until then that we weren't alone.

But, how?

I was feeling rather odd and strange. As if I had no power. My senses that are usually high in the situation were normal then. I tried focusing on the Little sounds around me.

The sound of the water that dripped down the tap would have been heard loud and clear in the usual sense but then, all I could do was see it.

"What did you do to me?"

"Oh sweetie! I haven't done anything yet." Rose took bold strides towards me. She looked pretty much fine and healed.

Good for her. Because, when the moment comes I will not give her a fucking chance to live, i swear to god.

The heels of her thick leather boots clinked against the damp floor as she approached me and in a smooth way, she got herself seated.

"Just infused something that could reduce your senses." She said, yanking my head back, making me look at her.

She traced her fingers down my face, ending them at the neck. I could feel her nails pierce my skin, cutting deep, as she clutched it.

"Why aren't you fucking afraid?" She yelled. "Why isn't she afraid?" She yelled, turning back at them. "Tell me."

I refused to flinch at her raising tone. She glared and glared and didn't realize how close we actually were.

Sadly, One touch of mine would end her. Just a single fucking touch And poof, she would be on her way to hell. But nah! I decided to not make it that easy on her.

Satan be damned.

"Gosh! I dislike someone standing this close to me, especially someone as disgusting as you. Pathetic." I averted my gaze to the guy at the back. "And… afraid? Of  whom? You?" I smirked. "You, are afraid of me."

That was enough for her to leave me be.

I felt a burning sensation on my wrists as jolts of current passed through me, up my body and to my brain. It took me every ounce, every cell in my body to not yell out loud.

But then, his majesty's painful face flashed right in front of me , making my heart clench. He was struggling and damn, it was all because of my one reckless, thoughtless step.

I was feeling sorry for him. I should have listened to him. I should've stayed back rather than putting him in this danger. Especially, when he could feel all that I was feeling.

God! I was feeling awful.

I couldn't put him through this pain. I could hardly imagine what he was going through.

'I am sorry, your majesty.' I said, hoping he would listen and reply to me back, just like he did the past few days or so. But no, I didn't get any sort of reply.

That forced me to glance down at my arm. Twisting my arm, I struggled to see the rune. The chains that held me captive made it tough but somehow I got a glimpse of it and it looked as it is.

Maybe he was too tired to answer or too stunned to speak.

It would be better if they end it all, quicker than expected. And the only way was to put them in a situation where they should have no other way but to end this all, at once.

Or….

"Aspen, you will regret messing with me. I will kill you." She spat, yet again.

Tell me something new, bitch. I have been listening to the same damn line for my whole life.

"Then, Do it dammit!!! What are you waiting for? The right time?" I yelled back. "I swear to god Rose, if at all I find at least one mother fucking way to escape, I will return and end you in a way, your spoilt Little senseless mind couldn't possibly imagine."

"Good thing, you aren't going to get one." Said someone from behind.

Her voice sounded rather familiar and powerful. It was as if I knew her but couldn't put a face to her. But just then, she entered my line of sight and immediately, a smirk made its way onto my face.

"Mamma!!" Rose hugged her, excited.

The buff guys, the minions of hers, were on their knees, with heads hung low just as they saw her.

"Aw! That's so fucking sweet." I mocked, rolling my eyes.

"You—" Rose started but was immediately cut off by her mum.

Well, her personality was monstrous. Tall and twice the size of her daughter. Her salt pepper hair was placed in a neat tight bun on the top of her head. She carried herself with a sense of pride.

Damn, everything about her screamed power.

She walked close enough to me and assumed the seat. Bending a little, she looked right into my eyes. Straight, with her assessing gaze.

She smirked. "I like you." She said, tugging the strands of my hair to the side. "You are gorgeous and… powerful."

"The feeling isn't mutual." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Never mind, bloodhound." She grinned, revealing her chain of teeth, the fake ones, as she shook her head. "Now tell me, what's your last wish? I'll be more than happy to get it done."

"But mamma—"

"Do not speak unless you are asked to." She scolded her daughter in a stunned tone. Rose immediately looked away, feeling embarrassed.

This was my final straw.

I smirked, "I have a last wish."

*******

Hey guys!!!!! I hope you are doing well. Yay! I am going to college this week. LoL. Anyways, happy reading.

Love 💕

Mikaelson

WC: 1496