Chapter 29: Don't you dare

Raine Simmons- Blackwood

"Will anyone open your damn mouth and answer me?"

Quite honestly, the silence was damn deafening. Though we were all here, only us girls of course, it was as if no one was here. My hangover made it even worse.

He leaned against the Large Mahogany table in his study, crossing his arms like a teacher ready to punish his students. The veins on his arms were protruding, distracting me every now and then.

"Okay!" He gritted. "Did any of you know, the club you had gone to, was owned by our rival kingdom?"

I gulped, Tugging the lose strand of my hair. That was something I always do whenever I am nervous.

"I knew." I murmured.

"I guess, I didn't hear you. Repeat it, Please." He said, taking a few steps towards me and all I could do was stare.

Every step he took was oosing out confidence, power and authority. His very aura made my heart beat faster.

"I knew, your majesty." This time, my voice was bold, loud and clear.

Sighing, he stood right infront of me, merely inches away. Hands buried deep into his slacks and I could see him clench and unclench his jaw, trying his best to not lash out on me.

"Everyone, Leave." I turned around to leave but he stopped. "Not you." His voice was commanding.

A few quick nervous glances and smiles later, we were left all alone in the room. I took some time to assess his study. It was complacent. It was large, majorly occupied by books, along with a wooden desk to one of the edges, that occupied most of the place. Different paintings were hung up on the wall but one that caught my eyes was the photo frame on his desk.

"Why?" Was all he asked, looking at me straight faced. His eyes were hard, a contrast of what I had seen yesterday.

"I went there to meet someone."

"Uh huh! Was this someone so important, that you decided to put others as well as yourself in danger?"

"Yes!" I muttered as he quirked up his eyebrow. "Actually, there was something I had to know and meeting him was the only way."

"Listen to me, Simmons." He jerked me, gripping my shoulders. "Don't you dare think about jeopardizing my family. You want danger? Fucking go and put yourself in danger. I don't care. But when it comes to my family because of your wrong doings, I wouldn't think twice about who you are."

I looked into eyes. I could see myself in them along with the emotions, I knew he felt. The anger, the hatred, the disgust and what not.

No! My heart didn't ache listening to his words. No! His words didn't affect me. No! My eyes certainly didn't tear up.