Part 3: Luz's POV

"C'mon everyone! We need to hurry if we're gonna have any luck finding a devils-glare tree before sundown." Eda was impatient because she needed to find devils-glare sap for a potion she was brewing. She held King in her demon-baby-sling that she wore whenever he felt sleepy. Awww. He's so dangly!, Luz thought.

Luz always loved the romantic scenery of the fall. The beautiful changing leaves, the chilly breeze, and all the cute animals braced for a cold winter. 

Luz gazed back at her girlfriend, Amity Blight, who swiped at her scroll while looking through penstagram.

"Hey my awesome girlfriend!" Luz smiled excitedly in hopes that she would too. 

"Hey, Luz." She said solumnly, hugging herself. 

"What's wrong Amity? You seem really down lately."

"What do you mean? I'm walking just fine." Amity gave her a very confused look. 

"Oh. It's a human thing. It means you seem sad. What's on your mind?" She asked calmly placing one hand on her girlfriend's shoulder and Amity began to blush and smiled shyly. She is so cute!, Luz thought to herself.

"I'm getting worried about Eda. Since I told everyone the Emperor has the portal-key a couple weeks ago, she's been acting weirder than normal - and her normal is pretty weird." The two chuckled at the accurate comment.

"Yeah. But it's not your fault. Yes, it was a shock, but it is what it is." Luz stopped walking for a brief moment and turned to face her. "Repeat after me: everything is going to be fine!"

"But how can we know for sure-"

"Come on. For me?" She asked, giving Amity the biggest puppy eyes she could.

"Everything is going to be fine." She repeated and itched behind her neck innocently.

"I can't here you! What was that?"

"EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE FINE!" She shouted. 

"HECK YEAH IT WILL!" Luz screamed with delight, throwing her fists in the air. "Let's go catch up to Eda and King, ok?" Amity nodded in agreement. 

"Race ya!" She said gleefully and dashed after Eda and King. 

"Luz!" Amity rolled her eyes and shook her head, an unsurprised smile on her face, and tried to catch up to her human. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while, they finally caught up to the others. "Any luck Eda?" She brought a finger to her lips and shushed Luz, pointing to a small field that was filled with flowers. 

Luz and Amity crept over and crouched behind the same bush as Eda. 

"What-?" Amity was about to ask before she caught sight of them. A dozen little tiny, magical creatures playing. 

"Palismen!" The excited human whispered to them. She got up and walked over to them, being as quiet as possible. CRACK! 

Luz's eyes darted down to her feet. There was a snapped twig underneath her shoe. "Oops." Luz peered up at them. They were all paralised with fear. Luz stretched her arms out, exposing her palms. "It's okay." She desperately hoped that whispering would calm the spooked, little creatures down. She knelt to the ground and decided to let them come to her. "Okay little guys, I'm not going to hurt you. You're all safe with me."

Luz allowed a little black dog one to crawl into her arms and she snuggled into him. Soon all the other's started climbing on her and Amity came over to hold a little red cardinal one with a scar on his left eye. 

"Hello." She cooed before Eda and King join them, holding hands. 

"Oh, heyy guys! Good afternoon King! Sleep well?" Luz asked waving to them. 

"Hey, Luz." The tiny robin flew onto Knig's head. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" He squealed and run as fast as he could with his stubby little legs and tried to get the little rascal off him. Amity and I giggled to ourselves, until we heard rustling in the bushes behind us. 

Everyone turned away from the creatures and stood up attentively. 

"I don't like this." Amity said. She went into her fighting stance, bracing for some sort of attack. She created a large purple hand and sent it into the bushes. After a couple seconds, a figure with a white coven Cloke, and a Golden Owl mask was dragged out from the thicket. 

"I knew something was off!" Amity took some steps back to Luz, but kept her attention on him, and folded her arms. 

"Why, hello Golden Guard."