42.0

Title: “The One Where Louis’ Plan Slays.”

Scene 66 (continues): Exterior / Saint Lawrence Downtown / Day

LOUIS: (stands up, raged, raises his voice) “Taylor, what the hell?”

TAYLOR: “Kevin, don’t yell. People are staring.”

LOUIS: (lowers his voice) “What the hell was that about?”

TAYLOR: (about to cry) “Please, don’t yell at me. I don’t deserve this.”

LOUIS: (sits back) “I’m sorry but you just can’t do that… ever again.”

TAYLOR: “I’m so sorry, I…” (turns around, fakes crying)

LOUIS: “Hey.”

TAYLOR: “I’m really sorry.” (turns around to face Louis again, blowing air to her face) “This is so embarrassing. I feel so rejected right now.” (her crying gets heavier) “It will never happen again. I’m so sorry.”

LOUIS: “Hey, relax.”

TAYLOR: “I can’t. I just couldn’t help myself because I like you so much.”

LOUIS: “You do?”

TAYLOR: “Yes.” (wipes the fake tears off her face) “But now that I know that you don’t like me back.”

LOUIS: “You just caught me off guard. It’s not about liking you or not. It’s… complicated.” (looks to the ground)

TAYLOR: (frowning, forgets about her crying act) “Complicated?”

LOUIS: (nods) “It’s… yeah, complicated.”

TAYLOR: “You could try to explain.”

LOUIS: (sighs, still looking to the ground) “Um… I’m kind of seeing someone else.”

TAYLOR: (bothered) “Are you?”

LOUIS: “Yeah, kind of.” (lifts his face to look at Taylor)

TAYLOR: (her crying act returns, she blows air to her face again, stutters) “Oh my God, it’s always the same story with me.”

LOUIS: “Hey, don’t cry.”

TAYLOR: (tries to calm herself down by burying her face on Louis’ neck, checking on the store to see if Harry is looking at them) “I just thought this time it would be different. But I was right. I’m never going to be good enough for anyone.”

LOUIS: (rolls his eyes, annoyed with her) “That’s a lie. You are amazing.”

TAYLOR: “I’m not! Don’t lie to me.” (her cry noises get louder but her face shows no emotion whatsoever) “I just kissed you and you found it disgusting.”

LOUIS: “I didn’t find it disgusting. It’s just that I wasn’t prepared. I didn’t think you’d kiss me.”

TAYLOR: “And I didn’t think I’d do it either… It just happened.” (sits back, staring at him) “It’s just hard for me, being so close to you and… God, I haven’t felt this way about anyone in a long time.”