The tall man was heading towards me and I did the same, heading his way until Luis gripped my arm.

My instinct reaction was to nudge him off, which I did so, closing in on the tall man as I threw myself at him and he engulfed my small frame against him.

"Carlos!" I exhaled, hugging him tightly, Carlos resting his chin on the top of my head as he rubbed my back.

"How have you been, Mar?" He pulled away, holding my arms as I could feel Luis's jealous presence behind me.

"Great," Oh, what lies. "What about you?" I smiled up at him.

"You know, I'm always thriving." I rolled my eyes, a smile still on my lips but that came to an end when I felt Luis's hand on my lower back.

It sent a small shiver up my spine, the way his fingers menacingly dug into my skin, I immediately stepped back and next to Luis. I wrapped my arm around his, to show him that I'm with him, to calm down that rage that's radiating off his warm body.

Carlos furrowed his brows as he looked between us, a smirk of confusion on his lips.

"How's Vincenzo?" Carlos asked with another meaning behind his tone and I felt Luis's fingers dig in deeper which made me clench my jaw.

"He's — uh — great." I smiled but Carlos narrowed his eyes at me.

"Really?" He jerked a brow. "I haven't seen him for a while now... maybe I should pay him a visit." Oh, Carlos, you clever yet stupid man.

Now, Carlos here — Carlos Vega — is a fashion genius. We met back when I was a model, became good friends over time but I distanced myself from him a bit due to his stuck up, cocky twin, Carlisle Vega.

Carlisle is a two-faced, smug, cheat. He loved Maya or so I thought, led her on for a year or so, cheated on her a few times and then when she found out and left him... he was the biggest drama queen I've ever seen.

Though, he did love her some point, he just didn't love her enough.

I introduced Flavio and Carlos a while back, it's good for Flavio to make acquaintances if he wants to start his own business in this kinda thing.

"Anyway," I glanced at Luis who wore no expressions on his face, now that would scare anyone but not Carlos. There's just something in the Vega blood that makes them immune to intimidation. "Carlos, this is Elijah," I spoke again. "And Elijah, this is Carlos... an old friend of mine."

A dark smirk grew on Luis's lips as he dropped his head down for a second before turning to face me.

"Old friend?" He raised a brow and I see where this heading.

"Yes." I nodded, glancing at Carlos who had how brows furrowed.

"Hey, Mar," Carlos spoke doubtfully. "How's Lorenzo?" Fuck... fuck, fuck fuck.

"Are you dumb?" The words spilled out my mouth so sudden, laced with worry — worry for Carlos.

I felt Luis slide his arm out mine, sniffing before he darkly grinned. Now that scared me. I took a step back, I've seen this look before. The dark aura that grew around him, suffocating those around him.

"Maybe," Luis straightened the rings that were on his fingers, now looking Carlos straight in the eye. "You should go ask him." And with that, I saw him pull his arm back and just as I went to go grab onto him, he launched his arm forward with such force, landing his fist right on Carlos's cheekbone.

"Luis!" I exclaimed, gasps filling the room as it went dead silent, even the music cut off.

Carlos had lost his balance stumbling back as someone caught him, Luis breathing heavily as I now looked down at his red knuckles.