Chapter 6 - The Madrigals

Hey, sorry for the late post. I meant to post it before going to bed but I ended up falling asleep instead. But no fear I have done it so I hope you enjoy it!

Bye for now!
_________________________________

Recently...

Dolores's POV

As we passed some of the villagers I could sort of hear them whispering different things about us. I, unfortunately, couldn't comprehend what they were saying exactly since Casita is still cracking and slowly coming apart.

That's why we need Mirabel to come back. Ever since she left, Casita has been crumbling and shaking like there's an earthquake going on.

We finally arrived at the front door and Abuela was about to knock on the door when we saw the house open a certain window. We couldn't see who was inside but I could hear them walking up to the front door.

As soon as the door opened, we knew our search has finally come to an end.

Now...

Mirabel's POV

Once I opened the door and saw who it was exactly, I almost screamed. Thankfully, Adriana was right behind me and saw who it was, and immediately took over. "Hi! Welcome to our town, how may I help you?" She asked. I just went to sit down in the living room to calm down. I was close to the front door so I could hear what they were talking about.

"Hi, my name is Alma and we were here to ask if you've seen my grandaughter but I've seen you already know her. I hope she wasn't too much trouble but we want her home. We missed her so much and-" She ended up getting cut off by Adriana asking, "Are you guys the Madrigal family?" "Oh, well yes!" Alma replied. "Oh, then no. Miracle stays."

"You can't do that! We are her family!" I heard and recognized the voice as Julieta. "Of course, I can, and last I checked she was a part of this family and you aren't her parents. Then the rest were just shouting as it turned to noise.

Alejandro soon came walking down the stairs with his siblings asking what was going on. I quickly explained everything to him and was about to pick up the twins when we heard the sound of someone getting slapped.

We quickly ran into the entranceway to see Alma on the ground with a red handprint on her face. Once, Alma saw us run in, she tried to fake innocence thinking that I would help her and leave them for her.

She thought wrong though. "How COULD YOU?! That's it, I want you guys OUT!" I shouted. "W-what?" She stuttered but I just ignored her and Casito to get them out of there.

Alma's POV

I was shocked and I'm not the only one. Everyone was shocked. This was not the Mirabel we knew. After we got up, we noticed everyone in town was looking at us angrily. I guess they were watching the whole thing.

I tried to talk to them to show us a place to stay and try to get one of them on our side. Unfortunately, that didn't work, and when they showed us a place to stay, it was a motel they had but looked as if it were abandoned for years.

After getting settled in and with Luisa having to calm Isabella down before she started to complain even more about this nasty place, we all laid down on our beds and tried to get some shut-eye.