Chapter 1 - The Candle

Mirabel's POV

After no one believed me of the miracle dying, I decided I'd had enough so, I ran up to the nursery and started packing all of my stuff not leaving a single trace. I also quickly wrote a letter to Tio Bruno that I wanted to stay with him before giving that to a golden butterfly I had taken care of.

After I had finished, Casita brought the candle down to my window and explained that I should take it. After a little argument with Casita, in the end, I ended up taking the candle with me and jumping out my window, and running to the mountains of Encanto.

After about 2 hours of running, I finally made it to the mountains and started climbing. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Antonio crying and screaming at me to take him with me. I tried to say no but then he started crying some more and I didn't want Dolores to hear so I quickly agreed and picked him up on my bag and climbed the rest of the mountain till I got to the other side.

Meanwhile...

Pepa's POV

I was just talking to Felix when I noticed that Antonio left the party. I quickly ran after him and asked him, "Mijo? Where are you going? The party is inside." "I know but I want Mirabel and she left me," he says with tears spilling down his cheeks as he runs out of the house. 'What?' I thought.

I instantly run to my momma and explained what had to her happened. As soon as I finished, she looked mad. I mean, Antonio left his party because of Mirabel, again! Like, can't she go one day without ruining anything?!

Alma then started telling everyone that the party is over and Antonio needs rest while she told the rest of the Madrigals that we are having a family meeting.

Alma's POV

After getting everyone out, I started explaining to them how Mirabel and Antonio have disappeared and asked Dolores if she could hear anything.

"I'm sorry Abuela, I can't hear them." She finally said after a while. 'What?' I thought. 'That can't be possible...unless...' Alright, everyone! Spread out and look for them. They have to be somewhere around here. "But what if they passed the mountains," Julieta asked. "I don't, but for now, let's hope they are still around here."

Back to Mirabel and Antonio...

Mirabel's POV

Okay so, it's been 3 hours since we escaped and Antonio started to get tired. We then soon arrived at a small town that had multiple people dancing and having fun with little kids running around chasing each other. I instantly realized that they must be celebrating something.

"Mirabel? Where are we?" I heard Antonio ask a bit scared. "Don't worry Tonio, Tio Bruno lives here." I quickly calmed him down. "Tio Bruno?" He asked.

That's when we heard someone ask,

"How do you guys know Bruno?"
_________________________________
Hey guys! Here is chapter 1! I don't have a schedule yet so for now some chapters might take longer to be posted while others aren't. I deeply apologize and once I get my school and home life situated I will post my schedule of when I will be posting chapters and everything. Bye!!!