The human was rather kind. He'd never fail to bring back food for me and he's never once been violent to me.

It's rather clear that I'm not supposed to be in this room. It doesn't take more than a single night to figure that much out. This building... it's a student dormitory... and this school is supposedly one of the top in this prefecture. There's no doubt that they have a strict no pets policy.

Even knowing that though, the human still kept me around... It's only been a couple days, but that was a lot longer than I would have expected he would let me stay.

When he was out, he always left the window open just enough for me to squeeze out if I wanted to. It's an invitation to come and go as I please and for that, I'm grateful. Not many humans would be so kind.

I heard his footsteps as they approached the door. There's no actual way of knowing that it's him, but I've never seen anyone else come here. Even so, I crawled under the bed to stay out of sight until he was in the room and the door was closed.

He was wearing those purple pants again and that matching purple and white jacket. It's not his school uniform, that much I know. The school day ends much earlier than the time he would get back, so I could only assume that there was something that he did that took place after his classes.

There's a lot that I don't know about him. I don't even know his name. It's not like I can just outright ask... Well, technically I could, but that would mean revealing things that I wasn't ready for him to find out yet. For now, he's simply the human.

The human had a bit of a routine. When he returned to his dorm, he'd set some food that he'd snuck for me on a plate that he'd set on the desk for me. While I would eat, he'd sit there beside me and work on whatever homework he had from the day.

I recognized some of the marks in the books he used, but I didn't understand any of them. Since I'm not a human, I was never taught about such things... Instead, I was taught to catch mice and how to conceal my true body within this tiny kitten form.

Now and then, he'd stop writing just long enough to give my ear a little scratch. It's not much, but that tiny bit of affection easily became my favorite thing.

It was never long before he had his homework finished. When homework is done, then comes his free time. Sometimes he would read. Today, he seemed to be focused on typing away on his phone.

As I watched him typing, I wished that I could understand what all those marks meant. If I could read, I was sure that I could learn so much more about this strange human. Maybe then I would understand that grin on his face at the bubble of text that appeared after his fingers had gone still.

He'd type away at the little keyboard and when he'd stop, another bubble of markings would appear. I didn't understand what could be so entertaining about it. Then, a picture appeared. It was a girl, but she was completely naked.

Now, I was no expert on humans, but even I knew that humans don't just show each other their naked selves. This girl... she was shameless in showing herself off... especially with how far she could spread her legs. I had no idea humans could be that flexible.

Not that that mattered. The picture seemed to make the human happy. He shifted in his bed. One hand moved to the waistband of his pants and... oh.

My ears pinned back at the realization of what he was about to do. I sighed internally and hopped down off his bed before scurrying into the space underneath.

Human men are so gross...