'Save you?' I choked, 'I probably wrecked your life.' Melanie smiled sadly.  

'It was unavoidable.' She reached deep into her knee high boots and pulled out a wand. Holding it tightly she flicked it.

Magic pushed me backwards, a rich golden light enveloped Melanie, covering her from my view.  

'Melanie?' I called as the magic thickened, like a cocoon around the pale girl.  

'Just a sec,' she replied.  

'What... What are you doing?'  

'Getting dressed.' Then the light cleared. I gasped. She was in her old Hogwarts cloak. And her house... 

'You're a... ,' I breathed. 

'Not what you expected huh? A Gryfinndor?'  

'I can't believe Voldemort did it with a Gryffindor...'

LUCIUS'S POV 

'You're back? Where's the bitch?' Bellatrix asked in her usual pompous tone.  

'Dead.'  

'Dead? Bullshit,' she leaned in and I could smell mead on her breath. I leaned away automatically but she grabbed my hair and pulled me close. 'She's not dead.'  

'How would you know?' I sneered. 

'Because, you'd be boasting to the Dark Lord if she was.'  

'Really? You'd dob me in because of something as stupid as that? You've no proof.'  

'I don't need any. My Lord doesn't trust you, not after what you did to your son.'  

'What did I-' She cut me off, walking towards the door that opened into the conference room. I followed her, my stomach sinking uncomfortably as I took in the boy who sat in my seat, staring at me with my smugness.  

'Hello Father, we were just talking about you.'  

'My Lord,' I inclined my head, 'what is Draco doing here? He's not one of us.' I glared at Draco as I said this. He met my glare with equally hostility. I couldn't believe this... How had he turned everyone against me like this? And, more importantly, how had he gotten back before me? I sat swiftly beside my son, never dropping my eyes.  

'Draco has being telling some interesting tales about you Lucius,' Voldemort said, a haunting smile upon his lips.  

'Yeah, apparently you slept with a muggle when you were younger!' Yaxley sniggered. This brought on more chuckles from the table. I felt myself blush and tried to hide it behind a wall of anger.  

'Go clean your room Draco!' I snarled. Draco laughed at me.  

'Do you hear that my Lord? Daddy thinks I take ORDER'S from him! Hilarious right?' The Dark Lord nodded, smiling at my son. What was going on here?  

'How about you clean Draco's room?' The Dark Lord said. I thought about protesting but bit my tongue. I needed to remember my place, even if my son didn't. So, with shame tinting my cheeks crimson, I left, ascending to clean my own son's sty of a room. Life was not fair.

SARAH'S POV 

I had officially betrayed my father, my entire line of ancestors even. I knew Dumbledore could tell what I was thinking, to a degree anyway.  

'It's alright Sarah, you can trust me,' he said as I made my way to the entrance of he chamber. I nodded disbelievingly.  

'I can trust no one, not even myself.' He kept silent as I came to the basin the with snake imprint.