Chapter 3: The Last Stand

Start from the beginning

Peashooter's Point-of-View:

Crazy Dave, shocked by the sudden downpour turned on the television. He set the channel to a live weather forecast. Then, a Cactus, and a Gatling Pea burst into the house.

Cactus: "HOLY FUCKING SHIT."

Gatling Pea: "Get anything that is heavy and block the sliding door!"

Crazy Dave: "What the fuck is happening!?"

We saw the carnage happening outside. When a plant rushed to check the front lawn. Starfruit went to check what was happening on the front lawn. Upon looking outside the front door, he said: "Holy shit..." He described seeing a truck that looked like it was thrown, to have destroyed most of the Gatling Peas. He told everyone to also barricade the front door and additionally the chimney. All I could do was sit in horror.

TELEVISION: "There is a large, violent storm over the Puget Sound area. People in Snohomish, King, Pierce, Mason, Kitsap, and Jefferson counties must take shelter and remain indoors. Do not go outdoors. Please remain indoors at all costs until further notice."

Meanwhile, at a power station:

Worker 1: "Man, this storm is so crazy."

Worker 2: "Yep, looks like we ain't leaving 'till this dies down."

BOOOOM! A lightning bolt strikes the power station.

"OH SHIT!" The city is plunged into darkness. There is no electricity for now.

Back at Crazy Dave's House:

Winter Melon's Point-of-View:

I saw the whole surrounding neighborhood plunge into darkness. Our house still had electricity, because we were off the power grid. I look to the pool defense below being destroyed. The zombies had already gotten to the torchwoods, which when I saw two cars being thrown into our backyard, killing many plants and destroying the lawnmowers. I was in terror. Zomboss had already thrown four cars towards us. I saw as he was peering over the roof, with the eyes of his zombot illuminating the darkness. It looks like he built a new zombot after the neighbor destroyed his old one. He threw another car, killing some Winter Melons and destroying a part of the chimney. He proceeded to place down ten red-eyed Gargantuars. We all opened fire. These red-eyed Gargs just didn't want to die. As others were being smashed flat. I ran into the chimney the second I was about to get smashed.

Sunflower's Point-of-View:

This is the most scared I have ever been in my life. I hid under Crazy Dave's bed and curled up. I began to cry my eyes out as all of this is happening. I just want Peashooter! This was too much for me to take. I just want my normal life back. Please! I hate this! From above, I heard repeated smashing for a while, and then it just stopped. Then I heard faint speaking.

"Should I get inside the chimney?"

"No, there may be plants in there to kill you on the spot. Hold on a minute."

I got the courage to crawl out and looked through the window. The zombot was picking up the truck on the front lawn. It was bringing the truck to the house. What was he going to do with that truck!? Fearful again, I hurriedly crawl under the bed, and saw the truck caving in from the ceiling and into the floor. I screamed in terror as the truck went through the floor of the bedroom into the living room below. Parts of the ceiling and roof fell on top of the bed, trapping me inside. 

Peashooter's Point-of-View:

It was scary to see a truck suddenly cave in from above. Thankfully, no one had been crushed. That's when I realized that Sunflower was nowhere to be seen.

Me: "HEY! Has anybody seen Sunflower!? Where is she!?"

Wall-nut: "She was upstairs!"

Me: "NO! SUNFLOWER!"

Wall-nut: "Are you in love with Sunflower?"

I ran upstairs as soon as possible, calling out her name.

"Help! Help me, Pea!"

I followed her voice and it led me to Crazy Dave's bedroom.

Me: "Are you okay!?"

Sunflower: "Yes, but I'm trapped here, under the bed!"

I tried to lift the rubble, but I could hardly do it. It was way too heavy. So I called Wall-nut for help. We were able to move it out of the way and make an opening for Sunflower to get out. The second she got out, I hugged Sunflower super tight.

Wall-nut: "I knew you had a crush on Sunflower. Ha, ha."

The three of us went downstairs and met up with the other plants below. We heard thuds from the fireplace. I went to check what was going on inside the fireplace. There were zombies! Zomboss had probably distracted us with the truck to get them inside! After I killed the zombies, I start hearing pounding from the front and back door. The zombies had broken the glass door, and Crazy Dave, Patrice, me, and the others were desperately trying to hold back the zombie horde. There were infrequent, but strong thuds coming from the front door.

That's when I saw a Football Zombie burst his head through the front door. As he destroys more of the door, Crazy Dave gives Patrice a map of the city, his car keys, and tells all of us to go to the basement, and leave him behind.

Crazy Dave: "GO! GO TO THE BASEMENT, GET OUT, AND RUN! LEAVE THIS GODFORSAKEN CITY! DON'T TAKE ME WITH YOU!"

Patrice: "But... Uncle Dave! We won't leave you to die!"

Crazy Dave: "Just go! I'll be fine!"

We all run to the basement door, dragging an emotional Patrice. Her cries for her uncle were heart-wrenching. We see him waving his hand, with his other inside his pocket. He smiles as he gets engulfed by the zombies. Some zombies see us and chase us.