➛⠀𝟬𝟴 | 𝗔𝗗𝗠𝗜𝗧 𝗜𝗧 𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗢𝗧

Start from the beginning

It may not be your best idea, but it was worth a shot.

'Hurry up...' You stretched your arms and ordered your illusion to reappear behind Tina. 'Sorry for scaring you, Tina.' And just on cue, you heard her startle.

You walked towards Tina's office and found Nico and Alex were nowhere to be found. 'They're hiding.' You waved your hand away and turned off your illusion. Your head throbbed in pain but shook the feeling away to meet Tina. You heard her enter the house and saw her stressed. "Oh, (Y/n)." She sighed in relief.

Tina walked towards you and hugged you tiredly. "Are you okay? I saw someone in the house. I thought it was a thief—"

You gave her a small smile to reassure her. "No one's here, Tina. I think? I just came out of my room when I heard you're home."

"Where's Nico?" Tina held your hand and led you to Nico's room. "Nico, I'm home!" As your eyesight began to blur, you massaged your sleepy eyes. You were certain you merely used the illusion for a few minutes. You sighed deeply when you realized you hadn't gotten a good night's sleep since last night.

You always need to rest or take a break after casting illusions, whether you cast them shortly or for too long.

When Tina unlocked Nico's door, you both saw Nico on top of Alex, her top strewn across the floor. Nico leaped from Alex's lap as you blinked in astonishment, and Alex sat up. Tina shook her head, displeased. "Here I thought you were thinking of your father and me, but you really just wanted us out of the house."

Alex remained his back facing the door while Nico stood up. Tina glanced at you and tensely put her arm around your shoulder. "Have you forgotten your sister was here?"

"No, i-it's fine..." You tried to convince her, but Tina shook her head once more. "No, it's not." She glared at Alex, who was still looking away. "Time for you to leave, Alex."

Alex glanced at Tina before picking his things up. "Yeah, I was gonna..."

You stepped away when Alex headed towards the door with Nico following from behind. Tina gently rubbed your shoulders. "Come on, let's get you to your room."

"I-I'll check on Nico." You told Tina. "You know, to make sure she'll stay at the house instead of going to Alex's house."

Tina gave you a nod, and you rushed to catch up to your sister. You noticed Nico and Alex leaving the house and decided to follow them not too far away, overhearing their chat. "I mean, you could've called anyone for help, but you called me."

"Like I said, we needed a nerd," Nico replied.

"Well, I'm just glad you reached out."

Nico tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled. "Thanks for coming over."

You witnessed Alex leaning towards Nico, giving her a kiss on the lips. You blinked your eyes and took a deep breath. You turned away, silently nodding, and went back inside. Nico was about to return the kiss when she abruptly drew away. "Woah, didn't you realize what happened in there was an act?"

Alex smirked. "Was it?" Nico stared at him for a second until Alex unlocked his car and went inside. "Later, Hermione." Nico turned around to return back to the house, and from the window, you saw your adoptive sister smiling and Alex driving away.

'Bold of you to assume you ever had the chance.'

"I never assumed anything." You whispered to yourself. "And I don't know what you're talking about."

'Admit it or not—'

Nico entered the house and saw you gazing at the window. "Hey..." She softly called out to get your attention. You turned your head to face her with a stoic expression. Nico scratched the back of her head as she approached you. "Sorry, you had to see that. We didn't have enough time to hide Alex or make a good excuse why he was here."

You shrugged. "I mean... you and Alex back in your room was already a good excuse for Tina not to be suspected of anything."

"How did you distract her for that long?"

You stared at her, debating on your mind if you should tell her about having powers or not. A sigh escaped from your lips, and you shook your head. "Just a simple conversation, that's all..."

Nico sighed as she stood next to you. "Look, (Y/n), I want to say sorry... for not being a good sister to you. You were there for me, but I was never there for you. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

You gave her a small smile. "Don't worry. I'm used to it. You don't have to do that." You gave her a small pat before walking away, your heart clenching again in pain.

'What was I saying?'

"Go away..." You muttered angrily while looking for your keys to open your room.

'Admit it or not...'

You eventually unlocked your door and leaned your back against it, tears endlessly streaming down your cheeks. You sucked a deep breath before dropping on the floor, completely oblivious to the fact that your necklace had cracked.

'...you like him.'