➛⠀𝟮𝟬 | 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗠

You, Alex, Nico, and Gert were hiding from the server room's security guard. Alex turned to Gert and gave her a kind nod. "Go get him, Tiger." He whispered.

Gert shakily took a deep breath, and Nico looked at the purple-haired girl. "We just need a couple of minutes of quality flirtation. That's it."

"That's it," Alex repeated.

Gert slowly nodded. "Right, but how?"

Nico shrugged. "Just be yourself."

Gert hesitated for a bit. "I-I don't know..."

You raised your hand up as a volunteer. "I can do it. Or maybe I can use my powers to make him think that we're invisi—"

"Smart, but no," Alex replied. "You're not allowed to use your powers at the moment. It'll drain you."

You frowned. "But I'll just cast it in a few seconds, I swear."

Nico held your shoulders. "Alex's right. Besides, we need you to help Alex crack through the server. You're both nerds, after all."

You dramatically gasped. "Am not!" You whispered.

Alex slightly nudged Gert. "Come on, Gert. Make it happen." He quickly encouraged Gert while seeing him approach the security guard. You peeked your head out and saw the guard reading a book. Gert approached the guard's desk. "Cockroaches, right?" Gert stifled a laugh. "No other creature could better convey the lows of human existence. Kafka nailed it."

You winced at the sight before looking at Alex and Nico. "Cockroaches?" Alex mouthed in disbelief as he gazed down at you, and you just shrugged.

The guard smiled and nodded. "Agreed, yeah." You blinked in surprise, and so did Alex and Nico. Gert's way was working. "It's for a class called The Dehumanization of the Proletariat." The guard explained.

"What is happening right now." You asked quietly until you were yanked by Alex when he and Nico found an opportunity to get inside the elevator while Gert continued her unique conversation with the guard. "I have always been fascinated by the way the Industrial Revolution contorted the human spirit."

You, Alex, and Nico entered the elevator after a woman stepped out. Nico quickly pushed the button, and you leaned your back against the elevator's walls. "This is insane, this is insane, this is insane." You breathed.

"Yeah?" Alex smirked. "But this is better and more fun than talking to that Adam guy, huh?"

You and Nico gave him a look. 'Alex was bothered by Adam?' The doors slid open, showing the room where you three were supposed to be. The three of you successfully infiltrated the Wizard Headquarters' higher floors. However, there was no security guarding the server room, much to your astonishment. Alex raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Is that it?" He asked.

Nico nodded as she hurriedly scanned a keycard to open the doors. You, Alex, and Nico entered the room full of servers. You sighed while Alex spoke up. "From the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."

Nico confusingly looked at Alex while you understood him. Alex stared at Nico for a moment as he unzipped his bad. "Tron? It seemed appropriate."

Nico huffed. "I knew your nerd brain couldn't handle this much processing power." She crossed her arms as she looked at the servers. "There's so many. How will we figure out which one we need?" She asked.

"Do you really want to know how a hypervisor delineates between a physical server and a virtual one?" You asked in curiosity. Alex smirked down at Nico. "'Cause if you did, that's kind of hot."

You bit your inner cheeks and enviously looked away. 'Why did I even come here with them? I'm just third-wheeling—'

"(Y/n), can you help me out here for a bit?" You overheard Alex requesting aid. You cast a glance towards Nico, who nodded and walked over to Alex. You entered a few numbers and symbols on Alex's laptop, and it worked successfully.

Alex walked forward to the servers, looking for the right one to get a copy of any footage from your parents' secret murderous rituals. "Okay..." Alex breathed. "Yes, here we go."

Alex opened a server and pulled his port cable out from his pocket. "Okay. Plugging in." He looked up and down at the server and realized something wrong. "Oh, no."

"What's wrong?" Nico asked.

"These ports must work off an internal interface," Alex answered. "I can't plugin."

You glanced back to the entrance and softly scoffed. "That's why there's no security down here."

Alex nodded. "Wizard is the security."

Nico thought of an idea. "What if we were in my mom's office?" Nico looked up at Alex. "Could you get the video from there?"

Alex nodded. "We could try." The three of you dashed out of the server room and onto the elevator, which whisked you up to Tina's office. You and Alex followed Nico to Tina's workplace, where you witnessed her try to open her mother's office with her keycard. The system denied Nico's request for access. "You've gotta be kidding me right now. It's not working!"

You crossed your arms. "I'm using my new powers."

"No, no." Alex shook his head. "Let me try." Alex walked forward to enter Tina's passcode to her door, and Nico stood beside you. The system granted the passcode leaving you and Nico speechless. Alex smirked and raised his eyebrows proudly.

Alex opened the door and entered Tina's office with you and Nico. "How'd you guess Tina's passcode?" You asked Alex.

Alex shrugged. "I'm just that good."

Nico judged Alex with skepticism. You three started looking through Tina's desk for a way to turn it on. Nico watched the edges of her mother's desk while you peered under the desk. Her fingers slid between the sides until her finger was pricked. "Ow." There was a small amount of blood on her finger, and the desk glowed, welcoming Tina.

"What happened?" You asked until you suddenly bumped your head onto the hard glass. You yelped in pain, causing Alex and Nico to control their laughter. "Shut up, it hurts." You hissed.

Alex chuckled and helped you up, rubbing your head carefully to not mess with your hairdo. He looked back down at the desk. "Holy shit, Nico. How did you...?"

"It read my DNA..." Nico explained. "...just like the staff. I guess 50% Tina's enough for it to think I'm my mom."

Alex opened his laptop once again and began his work. "All right, we'll just do it before it realizes you're not."

The three of you sat around waiting for the laptop to finish downloading the file you all required. You turned away from the couple and lifted your hand, attempting to employ your newfound powers. You were focused and grateful for Alex and Nico's silence. You raised a pen as your eyes opened to reveal blue irises had replaced your normal ones.

You let out a soft sigh of excitement as you flicked your wrists to bring the pen closer to your face. Nervousness and exhilaration made your chest bounce up and down. You couldn't wait to use your newfound powers to lift something heavier than a pen.

"My mom is coming."