➛⠀𝟬𝟲 | 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗖𝗛 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚

You were awake all night, staring straight at the ceiling, instead of getting a decent night's sleep. Every night, you would usually either perform illusions or watch sitcoms, but tonight was different. There was nothing you could do.

The previous day's events had been overwhelming. You'd just started a new school and were thrown into the middle of trying to keep a secret about you and your new friends witnessing your parents doing nefarious things in the Wilders' basement. Oh, and you're getting queasy just thinking about Alex Wilder, but in a good way.

As you began to think intensely, you pushed your bottom lip out. Too many thoughts were racing through your mind; it was exhausting and untidy. You shifted your weight to your side and hugged a cushion, your scars visible around your arm. You tucked them under your cover and looked blankly at the wall, still unable to get a good night's sleep.

Your eyes went blue out of nowhere, and you unintentionally cast an illusion of Alex. You squeaked in surprise and quickly started shaking your head, closing your eyes to dispel the deception. When you cautiously opened your eyes, you noticed that your illusion had not faded and that the illusion version of Alex smiled warmly at you.

Boy, his smile brings butterflies to your stomach.

When your chest hurt, you grabbed to your pillow as tightly as you could. You remembered how he gazed at another girl that you are all too familiar with. His eyes were lovingly fixed on her, his smile grew larger every time she acknowledged him, and he was determined to make her happy once more.

Alex's in love with Nico.

You sighed heavily and immediately altered the illusion to something else. 'Might as well continue projecting illusions if I can't sleep.' You watched your illusions recreating The Dick Van Dyke Show episode you just watched back at the Wilder Mansion.

"You like sitcoms?"

You frowned when you remembered Alex's words. You don't want to hear his voice.

"So, may I know your name, Sitcom Girl?"

"Oh, shut up!" You hissed as you covered your ears with your other pillow, turning your illusions off. You can't possibly have a crush on a guy who you barely even know and has other feelings for your adoptive sister...

...right?

You didn't seem to be bothered by a lack of sleep. In fact, you were accustomed to it. It's most likely the reason you've been getting headaches and feeling weak every day. You attempted to disguise your tired look with makeup, but people could see right through it sometimes.

When morning finally came, you stepped out of your room, completely dressed and ready to go to school, until you noticed Nico leaving the house. 'She's early.'

You wore your headset and glanced at Robert and Tina, who were eating breakfast. "(Y/n)!" Robert greeted with a warm smile. "Come join us!"

You shook your head. "No, thanks. I'll just grab something on my way out."

Your little white lie persuaded the two grownups to let you go outside. You returned your gaze to the house before moving your look to the direction in which your sister had gone. You decided to follow her.

After minutes of following her unsuspected, you noticed she was joining Alex and their other friends at the beach. You frowned as you clutched the strap of your backpack. "Oh..." You whispered.

As you watched Alex and his gang discuss stuff that you couldn't hear since you were too far away, you clutched your fists. "I was there too..." You mumbled. "I was there when I saw their parents sacrifice an innocent girl. Why didn't they tell me they're gonna have a meeting about it?"