CHAPTER 19

Even when the ants chomped and bit at him with terrifying intensity, Hyunsuk remained steadfast and waited for the chance to counter-attack.

To make sure that the aggro wouldn't deviate from him even if the damage dealers landed a crippling blow to the enemies.

“This should be enough!”

With that thought, the real hunt had finally began. To hunt, the real reason why the Hunters were called Hunters in the first place!

Hyunsuk roared out.

“Attack!”

Along with that short but manly shout, all the accumulated firepower of the team poured out on the marauding insect horde.

The pained screams of the monsters rose up from here, there, and everywhere.

Y/N stood at the back and observed this situation as it unfolded. That was the contractual obligation she had to adhere to for this raid.

She inwardly simulated how she'd fight alone as her eyes continued to take in the battle happening in front.

‘How frustrating.’

Y/N had to suppress her urges to rush out there several times already. She coild see so many open gaps within the ranks of the monsters. And she also spotted the Hunters missing those gaps and continue to commit simple errors.

So, how could she not feel frustrated when she was not allowed to do anything and simply had to stand around?

Even then, the damage to Hyunsuk’s team proved to be surprisingly non-existent. It was all because their teamwork was rather excellent.

It seemed that the relaxed demeanour of Hyunsuk before the raid began was not just for a show, after all.

Perhaps because they've been working together for so long, they were able to communicate quite smoothly. Being able to communicate
quickly like this would inevitably result in an excellent teamwork as well.

It was a world apaer from the ragtag bunch of Hunters brought together by the Association.

“What's more surprising is that this girl turns out to be pretty handy, too.”

Y/N’s gaze shifted over to Winter next.

When a monster bit into her shield, she kicked it away and swung her sword quickly at it. The expensive sword easily separated the monster’s head from its body.

For a newbie rank D Hunter, she was defending herself admirably well.

“Her kick-ass gear is filling up the hole left behind by her lack of skills and experience, huh.”

Indeed, it was not for nothing that pretty much all Hunters struggled hard to get themselves good equipment.

When their gazes briefly met, Winter quickly raised her thumb up.

“.....”

Because of her expressions that looked as if she was desperately pleading for a positive response, Y/N was left with no choice but to reciprocate the same gesture as well.

Looking rather satisfied now, Winter turned around.

Whatever the case may have been, the end of the battle was drawing nearer. Once the coast was more or less clear, Hyunsuk issued another order to his men.

“Don't forget the magic crystals! We split them exactly nine ways!”

“Yep.”

“This is my favourite part of the raid.”