Chapter 12 | Chess

"Cloud, don't do that!" Suddenly Lucifer's arm was around my stomach holding me back. My anger melted away and I faced him. His shirt was ripped open and his stomach gorge was already healing.

"Lucas, you're hurt." I sniffled with emotions. I didn't like it when he was hurt. He brushed my hair out of my face and frowned.

"You ruined your hair, be good and stay eye candy." He grunted. My eyes widened.

"You know what eye candy is?" I asked shocked. He snorted and gave me a tired grin.

"Of course. I do not live under a rock." He growled. Saanti cleared his throat and Lucifer pulled me behind him. Saanti looked quite amused.

"Are you doing toying with each other?" He asked sharply. Lucifer stiffened and pushed me farther behind him.

"Lucifer, you may leave I wish to have exchange words with your toy, Cloud." I shivered as my name rolled off his tongue lustfully making Lucifer growl.

"Watch your tongue or I'll cut it off." Saanti said cheerfully to him. Lucifer grew quiet.

"I'll do it, I'll talk to him." I said quickly not wanting another fight to break out.

"Remember your place." Lucifer snapped to me squeezing my arm. I winced in pain. He looked at Saanti again then let out a sigh.

"Do not kill her father, or I will bring your rein of Hell to an end." Lucifer said sharply. Saanti laughed.

"With what?" He asked amused.

"I will get mother." Lucifer said leaving the room. Saanti stiffened with the threat then drifted over to a red velvet couch and patted beside him.

"Sit down little one." He said with a cheerful smile. One of a complete psychopath. I hesitantly sat beside him. He pulled my hair free of its shape and started braiding it. What was going on?

"You see, I enjoy how Lucifer reacts with you. Protective and shy. It's quiet amusing to watch." He said. I didn't know how to react. If I said the wrong thing would he kill me? He paused and looked over at me.

"I won't kill you, I enjoy playing chess too much." He stated. Huh? He looked slightly annoyed then the look went away and he sighed.

"Lucifer's mother, I do love her very much however she is quiet pure. Having Angel blood she doesn't like my games. I like playing chess with my Hell pawns and knights all too much. Of course to play my game I had to get rid of my queen to earth where she wouldn't be able to interfere." He explained- sort of. That meant Lucifer was part angel. My eyes widened with this news.

"Lucifer doesn't have much angel blood in him, his mother was an eighth angel so the angel blood in him is very minimal. Anyway, Lucifer is much like me, he enjoys games which is why he bought you. He was simply bored looking for something new and exciting. You, my little Halfling are both new, exciting and surprising. I do believe you are half angel not just a quarter." He said. I clenched my fists. He was right, I was just a fucking game to Lucifer. Just a pawn in a game of chess. Tears blurred my vision and I wiped them away. Saanti let out a little breath of air.

"You are not a pawn." He said. I looked up at him. Sure. He was lying.

"Do not call me a liar, you are not a pawn. Open your eyes, look around." He said annoyed. Could he read my thoughts? I let out a shriek. He was manhandling my mind! He snorted.

"Cloud it is time to go! Father, your guests are waiting for you. Cloud did he hurt you?" Lucifer was suddenly at my side and I shook my head. Saanti sighed.

"Alright, alright." He grumbled and got up starting to walk away. He paused and looked at me.

You are his queen. Saanti's words filled my mind and I let out a gasp.

"Get out of her mind." Lucifer growled. Saanti smirked at me like a five year old and skipped away.

"Let us start this dancing again shall we?" His voice echoed down the hall to where his guest waiting. I rolled my eyes. He wasn't what I thought he was. An interesting king indeed.

"Did he hurt you? What did you talk about? Did he do anything? What did you talk about?" His questions rolled off his tongue like he practiced them and he became more persistent.

"No, Chess, no, chess." I replied. He let out a small sigh and pulled me into his chest.

"Good. That means he likes you." He grumbled. I looked up at him.

"How so?" I asked. He smirked.

"One, you're not dead, Two, he had a pleasant conversation with you and three, he fixed your hair." He stated with a chuckle. My hands flew up to my hair and I felt the long braid and smiled. Well, Lucifer's father liked me, I didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad one but it was something.