Chapter 8 | A peaceful thing

Tiredness flows through me and my body refuses to work. I try to open my eyes but they won’t move. I sink back into darkness.

“Using angel powers in Hell, she might not wake up.” Elliot’s voice is filled with concern. There is banging and Elliot cries out in pain.

“Lucifer stop it! He’s being honest.” Elizabeth snapped. She’s here too. I try to move but can’t. So I try to form words.

“Lucas,” I try. I wonder if Lucifer can hear me. Will he be mad that I messed up his name? I snuggle back down into the darkness.

I open my eyes slowly. I feel drained of all my strength and I struggle to sit up. Elizabeth sits beside my bed. She jumped up and helped me sit up. Strange my body was weak and I felt light headed.

“I’ll get Lucas, so stay awake!” She said running out of the room. Lucas? My face heated up. So they had heard me. Crap, Lucifer was going to be mad. I leaned forward and I fell onto the floor, barely feeling it then closed my eyes. I’ll just go back to sleep.

“Open your damn eyes.” Lucifer snapped kicking me lightly. I opened my eyes and looked up. He didn’t look mad, was it a trap? Elizabeth walked in then let out a little shriek.

“You fell!” She cried rushing over and picking me back up, placing me onto the bed. My head loped to the side.

“Can I go back to sleep now?” I asked tiredly.

“No.” Lucifer said sharply. I looked up at his distraught face then at Elizabeth who hid a smile.

“He’s just worried you won’t wake back up, you’ve been sleeping for two weeks.” Elliot replied cheerfully walking in. Lucifer shot him a dirty look. My eyes drooped tiredly.

“Stop that!” He snapped slapping me lightly. I opened my eyes and glared at him.

“Don’t slap people.” I snapped back. He glared back at me. I struggled to get up.

“Cloud, why don’t you rest some more.” Elizabeth stammered.

“What’s the point when I’m not allowed to sleep?” I sighed trotting out of the room then got an idea. I thought of the nice couches in Lucifer’s study then paused.

“Lucifer aren’t you mad at me?” I asked looking back at him. He looked at me confused.

“About what?” He replied. Tears dripped down my face and I lunged at him, hugging him.

“I’m sorry, she said she wanted to take me for a walk then I tried to run away then she tried to kill me, which I didn’t do anything about but then she tried to kill Elizabeth and Elizabeth was almost hurt because of me.” I cried.

“So you fought back because you thought Elizabeth was defenceless?” He asked glaring at Elizabeth. I nodded.   She shrugged.

“Cloud, Elizabeth is quite capable of taking care of herself, she is part of the Council.” He sighed. I sniffled and wiped my nose into his shirt. I looked up at him.

“Really?” I sniffled. He nodded then looked down at his shirt. Then sighed again and pulled me close.

“Come on, you can rest in my study so I can watch you.” He said then stopped and looked at an edger Elliot and an annoyed Elizabeth.

“Pervert!” She cried pulling me away. Eh?

“So I can make sure she doesn’t die! And she wakes up.” He snapped back, his face turning slightly red. I smiled at him and he looked away, embarrassed. He lifted me and carried me to his study then dumped me onto his couch and tossed me a blanket. I snuggled into the couch and watched him work at his desk.

His face carved a serious look and I smiled peacefully at him.