IMAGINE 6: Whamamerica! 💜

it's 1985, you live in philadelphia and you have just came home from the skating rink with your friends and your older brother walks in with a piece of paper in his hand. he walks over and places the paper on your bed, "wham! are coming to america" he says as he walks out, he stops at the door and turns around to say "they're coming to this city". you SCREAM and call your friends house to tell them, your friend is just as excited as you are and you both agree to get your parents to buy tickets.

you rush to the kitchen and beg your mum to buy you tickets, she thinks and asks you to show her your result on your recent test. you dash upstairs and rummage through your drawers to find your latest test, you find the one with the best grade and show your mum. she looks at the test, "A-, interesting" she says, teasing you, "help your father clean the car and i will get them for you". you hug her and thank her as you go outside to help your dad clean the car. once you're done, you call your friend and she greets you with the news her parents have agreed to let her go too! you walk around to your friends with your mum and get driven to the ticket booth. tickets are selling FAST and there are little left, you worry but eventually secure tickets for both you and your friend. your parents trust you enough to behave well at the concert.

day before the concert, friday
you and your friend spend the whole day at school talking about how you're going to the wham concert and how you're going to meet your crushes. you first fell in love with wham after listening to wake me up before you go go and seeing the two guys on the album cover. you leave school and use the pocket money you received to go in the nearby thrift store to see if you can find a good outfit for the concert. you find an in fashion baggy t shirt that will be fitting for a wham concert due to the wake me up before you go go music video. you and your friend take the bus home over the moon about what is happening the following day. your mum agrees to drive you to the stadium at the cost you get up early and wake her up. you try to remain quiet but everyone notices your full of excitement.

day of the concert, saturday
you wake up, it's 6:30am, perfect! you creep past your sister bedroom, trying to not get scared by the massive cyndi lauper poster on her door. you make it downstairs and make a coffee for your mum for when she wakes up, you leave it in the kitchen and go upstairs to layout your clothes and makeup. you wake up your mum at 7:00 and she gets ready and goes down stairs while you spend your time making sure your hair looks perfect in the hope of being spotted by one of the guys from wham. you go downstairs, eat your cereal and call your friend who said she got given money to buy merchandise at the concert. your mum drives you around to your friends and picks her up, dropping you off at the concert amongst a large crowd of young girls. you jump out the car holding your friend so you don't get lost, you both rush towards the entrance  with your tickets close to your face to keep it safe. you enter the arena and look around to see the atmosphere which was intense only at 11am. you stand in an area close to the stage and wait. after the crowd grows larger and the arena fills, the deafening cheers are let out from the mouthes of every teenage girl at the concert as andrew walks out on stage. george follows letting out an even louder scream! you, your friend and everyone is blown away by how well they both look. you sing along to the sound of wake me up before you go go, everything she wants and freedom having the time of your life until the sun glares above the entire concert. the performance finishes, you and your friend rush outside to buy wham merchandise, you buy a wham shirt and your friend buys a wham calendar. you do some shopping in a local mall and take a taxi home. you're both tired but so happy with the experience.

ok i lowkey want experience this