"I will not beg for your help. I'm way classier than that."

Start from the beginning

"You're not? I was a problem a few months ago. Nat reached out as I am sure you are aware. She risked her life to come and get me. Why couldn't you do anything Rogers?" She sounded pissed, to say the least. It was never my intention to abandon her. I once thought of her as like a daughter to me. It killed me to do nothing, but it wasn't just my safety I was putting at risk if I came after her.

"Nat wasn't;t the only person she put at rick to come and get me either." She snapped. The atmosphere in the room pulsed with heat for a second before styling down. I kept my gun in place. Katia isn't acting like Katia at all, I don't know if she is hostile.

"You know I almost died." Her tone softened and my grip on the gun loosened slightly. Sam had lowered his entirely. He now leaned against the wall on one side with his gun in his side pocket. "I had a bullet lodged in my shoulder, even now it still make s a popping sound when I move it." She let out a humourless laugh. "Three of my ribs were broken, fractured shoulder blade, a knife was dragged along my side leaving a scar that covers half of my side." I looked down at my feet, lowering my gunned hand to my side. She continued, listing all the injuries of that night in a stoic manner. "Not to mention my face. She got me good, whoever she was. Clean cut right from my cheekbone to my collarbone. Reminds me every time I look in the mirror."

After several minutes, Sam moved over to the light switch, the same time Katia shut the blinds to make sure nobody was watching us and suspecting who we are.

I sat down on the bed while Sam took the other desk chair. Katia still faced away from us, but her hands fiddled with the dagger, a nervous habit I noticed back in the Avengers headquarters.

"Why sure you here Kat? It puts you in a lot of danger. Ross has double the amount of people looking for you then us, you certainly created a name for yourself these past few months. After the massacre"
I saw her head turn down at Sam's use of the word 'massacre' "you disappeared. No trace, no nothing."

"That was sorta the idea. But that is a story for another time." She said before turning her chair around. Facing us, I could see the exhaustion through the bags under her eyes and the steel, gaunt irises. The scar on her face sticks out. The skin several shades lighter than the rest of her face. It dips slightly, showing how deep the slice must have been.

"We need your help." She said.

"Who's 'we'?" I asked, placing my gun down on the bedside table.

She smiled slightly, almost showing the old Katia in her stone-cold features. "Bruce, he's back and he's had one hell of a journey." Our silence was her cue to continue. "He had been with Thor. In space, but that's a whole other story. Someone by the name of Thanos is coming. He's here for the infinity stones and will stop at nothing until he has all six. So far, he has the power and the space stone, which I'm sure your re aware of as the tesseract." My back stiffened slightly at the name.

"Once he has all six stones, he will be unstoppable. He wants to wipe out half of the universes population. Make himself a maitre at saving humanity from overpopulation. With all six stones, he will be able to do this at his will. He will control the universe at his will. The attack on New York, that was him. The attack yesterday on New York was also him."

"There was an attack yesterday?" Sam asked, astonished.
Katia's eyebrows furrowed. "Yeah, two of his minions came after the Time Stone, in a spaceship I might add. They took Tony. They also took the spider kid and a friend of mine. Dr Strange. He is the one who helped me disappear from Ross. He's also the protector of the time stone."