prologue

The Beaumont family had always been a very respected and rich french family

The Beaumont family had always been a very respected and rich french family. They were 3rd cousins to a duke of France. So they were 'practically royalty' as Charlotte Beaumont's mother would always say. Eventhough she was aware of the many privilages she had, Charlotte always considered she was at least the tiniest bit of humble.

She would always help others, as long as she thought they actually deserved her help. Or at times she would even share some of her luxuries, but of course, she would keep the most to herself.

Another thing that was really distinctive about the girl, was her beauty. She was truly a work of art. Her hair was really peculiar, for it was blonde but almost white as snow. She had beautiful bright blue eyes, which held the beauty of the ocean in them. Her skin was soft and smooth and her cheeks were always a bright rosy tone. Every move she made was full of grace and elegance.

Charlotte did not mind at all being called 'gorgeous' or 'pretty' or 'the most beautiful person they've ever seen'. But she certainley liked that she was smart as much as she was pretty.

Charlotte often said that she would rather be ugly than being dumb. She was the kind of girl that would read a whole book in just a day, or knew every science concept by memory. Julia Beaumont loved that everyone thought this highly of both of her daughters.

Margaret Beaumont, the eldest sister, was as pretty as Charlotte. But she was rather different. She had long and soft brown hair, and the same deep brown eyes as her father. She had a sweet mouth in comparison to her younger sister, who had a very decided mouth instead.

Meg, as everyone called her, was as sweet as a cotton candy and always carried herself gracefully and mindful of her manners.

Charlotte on the other hand, was much too stubborn for her own good. She always spoke her mind, not caring if she hurt anyone while doing so, and she always thought she knew everything there was to know.

Little did she know, her life would take a whole different turn when she meets a certain someone in her near future. Someone that would make her know what true love is, someone that would give her a reason to live, someone that would change her way of thinking, and even change her whole vision of what life means.

And little did she know, that someone's name was a boy in a small canedian town, named Gilbert Blythe.