Chapter 10

(Markus)

Jayden gave me the address and I began driving quietly, we sat in silence for a moment only the radio playing, but I didn't want to sit in silence with him again.

"So, why did you got to the party, if you don't like them?" I asked curiously and heard Jayden sigh.

"Well, Skyler thought if I had a friend with me I would have more fun, and I thought maybe she would be right, but it didn't really change much." Jayden answered.

"Mhm." I hummed.

"Are you used to parties?" He asked.

"Yeah, I've been to a few in the past, but I wasn't a fan of parties either, I'm still not a fan." I explained.

"Then why did you go?" He asked looking my way.

"Because you would be there, also I didn't want to leave a bad impression with your friend." I explained

Jayden laughed. "Oh you wouldn't have she'd understand, trust me." He said sweetly and I nodded.

"Maybe." I mumbled.

"You're very talkative today, I like it." Jayden said sweetly.

"Then maybe I should talk more." I said.

"That would be nice!" Jayden said excitedly causing me to chuckle softly.

"Honestly, I used to talk a lot but, I kinda haven't had anyone to actually talk to in a while, so getting use to holding conversations again has became a struggle." I explained and I could feel him staring at me.

"I understand how hard it can be holding conversations, I used to be very quiet until I met Skyler, and well she kinda forced me out of my shell." He explained softly. "I think you being as quiet as you were is the reason I talked to you first, I wanted to know what you have to say about, well, anything." Jayden smiled softly.

"Meeting you was probably the best thing that's happened to me in a long time." I said and then immediately regretted it when the car fell silent.

It stayed quiet for a few minutes and then. "Same." I heard him say happily and it made me take a deep breath.

The car then was silent for the rest of the drive, but it wasn't an awkward silents, I was a comfortable and nice silence.

________________________________

(Jayden)

I enjoyed the fact he opened up more, I wasn't expecting it but it was a pleasant surprise, and seeing he chuckled which was also good.

I sat silently in the car, and as we got closer to the neighborhood I realized I've never truly hung out with Markus out side of today and the project.

As we pulled up to my house I unbuckled but didn't get out immediately.

"Do you want to come in and hang out for a little bit?" I asked looking up at him.

"I don't want to intrude or anyth-"

"Nonsense! I invited you in it's not intruding." I explained cutting him off.

"I.." Markus hummed softly as he thought. "Okay." He answered turn off the car.

I smiled brightly opening the door and getting out, and Markus walked up next to me as I unlocked the door.

"I'll show you around, it's not that big of an house, but I'll give you a small tour!" I said happily walking with him and shutting the door behind us.

"it looks nice." He mumbled.

I walked forward showing him the kitchen and a living room. "The living room and kitchen kitchen are connected together this table is the only thing that slightly separates them." I said patting the black square table.

"I don't mean to sound rude, but this sofia is not pretty." Markus said pointing at the green flower patterned that had some old cat scratches on it couch.

"Agreed, but Skyler refuses to get rid of it so I have to put up with it." I explained. "I don't like it with the gray walls, but it's all we got." I said and he nodded.

"Makes since." He mumbled looking around slightly

"The door right here, is Skylers room." I said walking in front of the couch next to the tv patting the door. "My room is up stairs and that is the bathroom." I pointed over the door in the kitchen.

"Mhm." He hummed.

"Anyways, let's go to my room we can watch a movie or just talk if you want." I suggest as i headed up the stairs.

"I'm good with anything." He said as I opened my door.

"This is my room, I try to keep it clean and I honestly don't have much to decorate the walls with so it's a little boring." I admitted as I sat down on the twin bed. "You can sit on the bed or in the chair up to you." I explained

Markus sat down in the chair and I sighed check my phone, it was already 9, "we must have stayed for a few hours." I thought to myself as I opened Instagram and checked my dms. "Still no response." I thought before laying back staring at the ceiling.

I didn't know what we could talk about but, the silence was honestly nice. I laid there silently for a while.

________________________________

(Markus)

I wasn't sure what I should say so I just sat there as Jayden laid back on his bed, looking around. The silence was strange but bearable and not awkward so it was kinda nice.

I looked through my phone for a bit and after what felt like minutes I heard faint snoring, and I looked to see Jayden had fallen asleep. I sighed and stood up grabbing the blanket at then of his bed covering him up. Then I checked the time seeing it was already 12 am.

"Shit." I mumbled annoyed. "It's past campus curfew." I mumbled to myself as I quietly left his room. "I guess I'm sleeping in the truck tonight I said heading down the stairs.

As I made it down the front door opened and Skyler walked in and seemed confused.

"Well hello there." She laughed. "I wasn't expecting to see you here, why are you here?" She asked.

"Oh, um, he invited me to hang out a bit longer, but I wasn't watching the time." I explained.

"Yeah, do you live in the dorms?" She asked.

"Yeah.. I'll probably be sleeping in my truck tonight, been a while scene I had to do that." I explained rubbing the back of my head.

"Fuck that, you sleep here tonight." Skyler stated.

"N-No it's fine I've done it-"

"Nope, shut it." She demanded. "You can sleep on the couch, I'll get you a blanket and pillow." She said heading to her room.

"I-"

"Can't argue with me!" She yelled and I sighed giving up.