Chapter 7

(Jayden)

Finally after a few weeks of us working together we finished our project. On the presentation day, I assumed he noticed I was nervous, seeing as he presented all the slides on his own so all I had to do was talk about my art.

The bell rang as me and Markus walked out of the class together. "So, lunch today?" I asked hoping he didn't forget.

"Oh yeah.. that completely slipped my mind, but yeah, I did say I would. I will probably drive there on my own though." Markus answered with a smile.

"I could text Skyler and tell her to meet us there, that way you don't have to drive there alone." I saw the smile tugging at his lips.

"If You want to, you can." He said sweetly.

"Awesome!" I said excitedly opening the door for him.

As we walked out I saw Skyler already sitting outside in the car. I quickly headed down the stairs and over to her in the car.

"Hey Jayden." She said with a smile.

"Okay, so, I'm going to drive with Markus to the cafeteria, do you mind meeting us there?" I asked.

"Well of course! I'm perfectly fine with that." She said sweetly.

I smiled giving her a thumbs up and immediately ran over to Markus who had his keys out unlocking the doors to his truck.

"Okay, I'm good to go. Skyler said she's fine with it." I explained and he nodded, opening the passenger door for me.

I got in his truck and immediately caught a glimpse of a few pictures tucked in the side of the windshield, of different flowers, I also noticed the feather keychain hanging from the rearview mirror. The truck door opened and I immediately looked his way.

"You like flowers?" I asked, pointing at the pictures.

"Oh, yeah." He mumbled closing the door. He pulled at his seatbelt about to buckle, when I remembered my own.

________________________________

(Markus)

The drive became quiet after Jayden asked about the flowers. It felt like the moment the truck started to move it made him calm?

"Dandelions." I started suddenly.

"Hm?" Jayden hummed in question.

"My favorite flowers are Dandelions." I explained.

"Did you know that Dandelions are actually weeds?" He asked curiously, making me confused as I drove.

"They are?" I asked, confused as he laughed.

"Yeah, but they are definitely more pretty than actual flowers." He said with a cute small giggle.

"They are." I agreed.

"You are a man of very little words." Jayden stated, and I raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, I've talked a lot more with you, than I have anyone else, so I wouldn't say very few words." I defended, and regretted it instantly.

"Really?" He asked curiously and I took in a sharp breath.

"Yeah." I mumbled and then the truck fell back into silence

'How am I supposed to talk to this man?' I asked myself as I pulled into a parking spot at the cafeteria.

I stopped the truck and we both got out silently, and it felt awkward.

"Ready!?" Jayden asked excitedly, making me nearly jump out of my own skin.

"Y-Yeah." I stumbled over my words trying not to seem startled.

"Alright follow me!"

(Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to get another one out and didn't want to do too many, switching between prospectives, in each chapter. So enjoy!)