🥟Chapter 36~Cinderella-ish🐭

[Y/n]'s face reddened as she stared at herself in the mirror. 'I'm going to kill Yuki; He's so dead...' She thought then she sighed, remembering the stupid bet she made Yuki back at the hot spring. She wanted to kick herself for being so competitive. [Y/n] had to admit she appreciated Yuki telling Ayame not to make it too extravagant.

 [Y/n] had to admit she appreciated Yuki telling Ayame not to make it too extravagant

"[Y/n]." She heard someone knock on the door to her dressing room, "The play is going to start so-- Oh my gosh, you look so beautiful!" Tohru said as she came in, making [Y/n]'s face darken.

"Please, don't mention it. It's embarrassing." [Y/n] muttered. 'How am I supposed to face Yuki like this...? My legs feel like jello right now.'

[Y/n] took a deep breath; she had to face the boy soon or later. She is wearing this dress all day. She straightened her face tiara and stepped out of the dressing room to see Uotani and Hanajima waiting for her. They were in costume as well.

"You look...wow..." Uotani said.

"Indeed. A true princess." Hanajima said.

"This is so embarrassing." [Y/n] muttered.

"[Y/n]! Please come quick!" One of her classmates called out to her.

"Crap. What's wrong now?" [Y/n] muttered and followed her classmate out to the gym where their play was being set up. [Y/n tried hard not to notice the stares coming her way.

When they made it to the gym, [Y/n] rushed backstage to see her friend Koji with a crutch and one of his ankles wrapped in bandages. [Y/n] had asked Koji could he help with their play since he's the only person [Y/n] knew that had musical experience. "Oh my god, what happened?" [Y/n] asked.

"Wow, you look good." Koji said and chuckled awkwardly, "I sprained my ankle yesterday, skateboarding. Sorry, I was so careless."

[Y/n] sighed. She didn't have time to be unset with him; she had to think. The play started in 10 minutes. "What should I do...?" [Y/n] muttered.

"Is there anyone else who at least knows the song?" [Y/n]'s classmate asked.

"I could do it." Everyone stopped and looked at Yuki, who volunteered, "I have seen you both practice. I'm not a singer, but..."

[Y/n] smiled. "I've heard you try to sing, and... you're really bad." She said then snapped her fingers, "I got it! Koji will stay backstage and sing while Yuki can lip sync into the mic. We can just throw a mask on him, no one will know."

"We could try..."

"What about the dance?" Koji asked.

"We'll change it into a simple waltz. It's no big deal. I can teach him in like 10 minutes. We'll be fine." [Y/n] said, "...I hope."

'His fangirls are going to kill me...' [Y/n] thought.

~~

"Once upon a time," The play was starting, and [Y/n] grew nervous, "There was a beautiful young girl who was known as Cinderella. Cinderella lived with her stepmother and stepsister, who tormented her because...reasons. Despite their cruelty, she remained kind and lived a life of virtue and humility."