🥟Chapter 35~I Love Her pt.2🐭

'I didn't think much about them at first. In the beginning, they were just weird classmates who we discovered living in a tent. I invited them to live with us because they were alone and needed help. But part of me did out of a stupid desire to rebel against the Sohmas and the Zodiac curse. [Y/n] was difficult to understand. She was so strong and often kept to herself, letting her sister speak for her. Yet so fragile and weak. Then she said something, so awkwardly and sincere, "...even if Tohru and I do forget, don't be afraid to befriend us again, even though I can be aggressive at times."'

~~

"A mother?" Manabe questioned, "She like some kind of mother figure to you? Okay, yeah. I get it, man. No, that's a lie. I don't get it. D'you wanna burrow my mom, instead?"

Yuki chuckled. "It's just something I'd always wanted. My whole life, I'd never had a parent who truly loved me. That's why it meant so much. She'd sit there and listen to me complain without getting bored or frustrated. Both [Y/n] and Miss Honda just accepted me." Yuki explained, "They weren't disgusted by my weakness or embarrassed by my flaws or had unrealistic expectations about who I really was. It made me happy. Gave me peace."

"I yearned for a mother. To finally know what that love felt like. I found that...in Miss Honda. Yet...I wanted more. Without knowing it, I found myself falling in love despite it all. I didn't want to... but, it happened." Yuki said.

"Even though she's our age? And you're in love with her sister?" Manabe asked.

"Mhm." Yuki nodded then looked up at the sky. 'Strange as it is, I think the first time I realized what I felt was that night. The night Kyo transformed and ran off. When Miss Honda went after him, she looked like a woman, not a girl. And seeing [Y/n] crying in Master Kazuma's arms; it broke me inside. I wanted to be the one to hold her, dry her tears, telling her that everything will be okay. I don't know why, but both of them seemed different somehow.'

"It's difficult to explain. I found myself drawn to Miss Honda. Not romantically, but as a mother. Someone safe. I didn't have an agenda. All I wanted was a comfortable place, where someone would look after me, always. But the more time I spent with [Y/n], the more sides I saw of her." Yuki's eyes softened thinking about the girl he loved, "I was selfish. I teased and flirted, knowing my family wouldn't approve of us being together. I wanted to stop; I know I need to put these feeling away and hid them, or she would get hurt in the end."

"I dunno." Manabe said as he stood up and started kicking around a soccer ball, "You sure you're being honest with yourself? You're not just scared of rejection?" He kicked the ball into Yuki's hands.

"I'm not scared that she'll rejects me. I... just want her to be happy." Yuki stood up and kicked the ball, "I don't want her to end up unhappy because of my family! The way she looks at me, the way she cares, her sweet voice, her awkwardness, I love it all." Yuki began to tear up, "Seeing her confront the head of my family that night was agony and it brought horrible memories. She cried when I felt like I couldn't. [Y/n]... I love her so much...that I don't know what to do, and that what scares me. I have to move forward, again, if I go back to that dark place, I feel as if I'm letting [Y/n] down. I don't know when to give up. I never have. I'm too greedy. I want it too much. I want her too much."

"I don't think I've ever seen anybody grab at life so desperately and feel for a person so deeply." Manabe said and picked up the soccer ball, "Don't cry, Yun-Yun!" He threw the ball in Yuki's face.

"That hurt!" Yuki said then threw the ball in Manabe's stomach, "You wanna give me a bloody nose?!"

They went back and forth kicking the ball at each other. Suddenly Kimi came out of nowhere punching Manabe in the rib. "Kakeru, you meanie. You're so violent." Kimi said, and [Y/n] came following behind her, "What are you doing to poor sweet, Yun-Yun?"