CHAPTER NINE- WHO LET YOU GO, MY FELLOW FOE?

5 HOURS LATER

''Lux! You want pancakes for dinner?'' 

Our house isn't the same without Lulu. 

Her room isn't the same without her. 

No one is there, to be drawing fun little stick figures or making comments about how much she loves us. No one is there, to ask for someone to sleep with her because she's scared of the dark. No one there, to be hanging up drawings of us in our room. No one is there to make sure that we're all happy. 

Janna's brushing my hair inside our kitchen. She said that she needed to check if I had any head injuries, and she did the same to Poppy about 10 minutes ago. If Lulu was here, I know for a fact she wouldn't have a problem. She loves Janna's head massages. 

I got changed into clean clothes. Two hours after we got home. It took me two hours to get changed out of my Star Guardian outfit and into a purple shirt and some blue pajama pants. 

''Poppy,'' Janna says, quietly. ''I don't think Lux wants to eat right now.'' 

Poppy looks at me with sad eyes and nods. ''Well, I'm gonna go chill in my room.'' 

''Do whatever you want, Poppy.'' 

Poppy puts her hands behind her back and walks away. 

''Hey, Lux?'' 

Janna massages the top of my head with her hands. 

''Yeah.'' 

''Are you, okay?'' 

I shrug. 

''Sure. Yeah. I'm fine.'' 

Janna sighs. 

''Okay. I left you some tea on your bed. Drink something okay? Other than your tears.'' 

She chuckles to herself. 

''Hair back in pigtails or just down?'' 

''Down, please.'' 

Janna opens up my hands and puts my bloody hair ties in the center of my palm. ''Thanks, Janna.'' Janna nods as I stand up and walk over to my room, trying not to glance over at Lulu's. As I reach for the doorknob. ''Hey, Lux!'' Poppy comes trotting out of her room. ''Wanna come chill? I have strawberries.'' 

I pause for a second. ''Uh, Sure.'' 

I retreat from my doorknob and walk into Poppy's surprisingly organized room. I sit on the edge of her bed and watch her hand me the container of strawberries, with a soft smile on her face. 

I give her a fake smile back and open up the container, fragilely taking out one of the sliced pieces. ''Did we have homework for school?'' 

I shake my head. ''No. Since it was the Starfall yesterday they didn't give us homework.''

Poppy sits next to me on her small bed. ''Lux. It may not have felt like it, but you saved a lot of people.'' She's saying it as she knows it. But she doesn't. ''I couldn't save Lulu. I would give anything to have her back right now.'' 

Ding. 

''I'll get it!'' Janna yells from the kitchen. 

I bite the inside of my cheek. 

''Do you really think she's dead?'' 

Poppy shrugs. ''No. Being honest, no.'' 

I raise my eyebrows. 

''So, you think there might be a possibility that she was taken. Instead of just dying right on the spot?'' 

''Lux. You gotta be reasonable here. You saw that monster totally eat off that Star Guardian's head. Why would Lulu be any different?'' 

''Poppy. If they would have bit off her head or killed her right there on the spot, wouldn't her body be there? They only left Pix. So they must have taken her.''

''(I am going to ask you, one last time! To leave! No one wants you here!'' 

''(Hey, Hey, Hey! I just wanna pay my respects.) 

''(Get out! Now!'' 

Poppy and I look at each other with confusion. 

''Who is Janna talking to?'' 

Poppy shrugs and grabs her hammer. 

''I dunno. But, I'm in the mood for crushing someone's head, sooooo...'' 

Poppy gets off of her bed with her hammer in hand, walking out of her room. 

''Hey, Hey, Hey, Heyyy, Look who it is! Shortstack number one.'' 

''JANNA!? WHAT THE HECK IS SHE DOING HERE!?'' 

''I don't know! She just rang the doorbell, and here we are-'' 

''LISTEN, YOU REDHEAD FREAK! YOU BETTER GET OUTTA HERE BEFORE YOUR WHOLE FACE TURNS RED WITH YOUR BLOOD!'' 

''Oh, Haha, How I missed you, Poppy.'' 

What is going on out there? 

I get off of Poppy's bed and walk out of her room. 

''NO! DON'T YOU DARE GO OVER THER-'' 

Poppy's covering a mysterious, tall figure, and Janna is right behind her. 

Poppy turns around slowly with a nervous look on her face. 

My eyes widen as I look at the figure behind her. 

Tall, Purple eyes. Red pigtailed hair. A familiar Star Guardian uniform. 

Jinx.