*★,PROLOG/CHAPTER ONE*:・゚✧

''Jinx! Jinx, Please! Wait a second!'' 

A gush of wind blows through her red pigtailed hair as I grip onto her wrist in a swift movement and turn her around. 

''Let's talk it out! Please! With all of us!'' 

I gesture my free hand to the rest of the team behind me. She has to stay. I know she wants to! She's been with us for so long- 

''NO! You don't understand, Lux, You just don't!'' 

There's a rough tone in Jinx's voice that makes me shudder when she says that sentence. The star in her eyes is gone. Replaced with such anger, not even we can fix it. 

''Jinx, please!'' I take a step towards her, reaching out my hand, but she swats it away quickly and scoffs. 

I touch my hand and squeeze it tightly, to make the pinky-red color go away. 

Jinx rolls her shoulders back and clenches fishbones in her hand. 

''I quit.'' 

My eyes shake with tears with those words. The pain of my hand doesn't go away, but it stabs into my heart before tears can even start running down my scraped cheeks. 

''No, No, No, No, No, Jinx! Jinx!'' 

Jinx takes one last look at me, with no regret in her eyes, and walks away. 

I look back behind me and give Lulu, Who's looking down at her small shoes, Janna, who looks at me with pain in her eyes, and Poppy. She just stands there with an angry look on her face directed at Jinx. 

I give them all a look to help me. 

No one does anything. Not even Lulu. They're just going to let her walk away. 

I wipe the tears away from my eyes and scream Jinx's name until my voice is gone. 

''JINX! JINX, PLEASE! PLEASE COME BACK!'' 

I kick away my staff and drop down to my knees, cupping my hand into my hands. I feel Lulu come up beside me and hug me tight. But she doesn't hug me tighter than Jinx did. I hear Poppy whisper, ''It's going to be okay.'' But she doesn't say it the way Jinx would say it to me. I hear quiet silence from Janna, Not even action, But it would be the exact same thing Jinx would do when she was sad. 

''Please... Please come back... Please!''