How to end a perfect date

Start from the beginning

"Good night! Thank you again for today." The witch smiled confidently, the date was perfect, she was feeling the greatest than ever and for some reasons, she was so full of herself. The self-assurance in her seemed to grow a lot more recently, she didn't even know why. She felt like she could do everything holding that love in her heart. A little blush on the face no longer made her wobble and run away like she used to - the time when she was afraid of rejection, but how could anyone blame her, she was sure every damn witch would turn disaster facing their first crush. 

But not now, not when she could feel this hand on hers. She had never been so sure of herself, until the moment she fully held the warmness which she had once longed for in her grip. The red she carrying on her face rose like a sign that she was fueled by something powerful. She was ready to run into fire, no, she was the fire herself, burning for this girl. But for now, she would have to temporarily put it out, she was already tired and sleepy from a whole day running around with her love, both in her mind and in reality. Her hand finally let go, but she felt like missing the familiar warmth right after just a second. 

"I'm going now" she waved at Luz before walking away, eyes still lingered on her human as if her head refused to turn to any other way.

Luz suddenly became quieter, but still returned the words Amity said with a small smile, though unlike the one she carried earlier, it was blurred like the dimmed moonlight that was glimmering on them. Amity's mind was a bit drowsy that time, she could no long notice such a detail.

It was when the witch fully turned her back to Luz did the human girl made a sound, just like her smile, it was also really small, like she wanted to make a bet to see if her girlfriend could hear it clear enough to turn around.

"Five out of ten."

It felt like someone just violently splashed a great amount of ice water on her dozy head, Amity turned over with the speed of light, eyes widening in shock.

"W-what?" She tried to keep her cool and asked calmly, but Amity felt like there was this mini honor student version of herself in the back of her head, kicking the door and shouting "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?". She wanted a perfect date and, a perfect score.

"Five out of ten. You filled in the wrong answer!"

The sight of a flustered Luz showed up in front of Amity's eyes, the sight she wanted to run to and hold it to her and to only her and adore it for the rest of her life. The human girl quietly slid one of her feet on the ground, bit her lips to fight the embarrassment from daring to make an indirect demand on the proud Amiry Blight. Her hands awkwardly knitted their fingers together and her face was colored in red, overwhelmed with fluster in that moment and was no longer able to form a smile. When Luz noticed Amity was looking at her a bit too long, she let out a little squeak, then untied her locked hands so she could raise one of them to cover the place she wanted the kiss to place on. She nervously shut her eyes and looked away as if someone was about to hurt her. The back of her hand pressed on her lips, Luz could feel herself getting warmer.

"Oh. Oh!" Right. Pathetic move. How could she forget after spending nights to read a bunch of romantic novels. Amity made a lot of mental notes for their date, but she didn't make an important note about how to end their date. Shit. Calm down. Amity felt like her confidence just voluntarily threw itself out of the window, from the third floor, and she had to hurriedly run downstairs to find it again, hoping it was still alive. "Okay...Um..." She slowly walked back to the place she stood earlier, reaching out to hold Luz closer again. Help me, send me the strength to make this perfect, Titan. She mumbled in her throat. The witch's whole body started to burn up, could Luz feel the heat from her touch and realize how messed up she was? Calm down, she slapped herself in her head, but luckily still managed to hold her voice.