The story of Joy Part 1

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"You killed them!?" Joy says shocked.

"Sorry kid it was either them or us." The girl says as she rips the kunai out of the man's head.

"Alright hold on tight." The girl says as she begins to run at her full speed.

"Hey what's your name?" The girl asks.

"Joy, what's yours?"

"June." June responds.

"No way...your..." Joy trails off.

"Yea I'm Zane and Hopes kid." June says.

"Why are you protecting me? They usually only send people to kill me." Joy asks.

"Save the questions for-" June is cut off as she does a limbo like pose while sliding to dodge an incoming spear. June sits back up as she runs at her next target. She summons her kunai as the hunter spawns back their spear. Their weapons clash as the impact pushes the hunter back. June stabs her kunai into the leg of the hunter and sweeps their legs. As they're falling June combos the hunter, rips her kunai out and ends it by kicking them into a nearby building.

June sets her feet as she picks up the spear and jumps. She spins in the air as she grips the spear a bit tighter. She stops as she puts all of the built up momentum into the spear. She throws it as it pierces the next few hunters through the chest. June lands on the ground and she sets her feet. She presses her feet into the ground, cratering it, as she begins to run again. "Where are we going?" Joy asks.

"Didn't I say to...shit." June says.

"What is it..." Joy's eyes widen in shock as she sees about 50 more hunters.

"Kid hold on tight." June says as she begins to roar. Lion like ears and a tail can be seen forming on her body.

June smirks as she runs past all of the hunters at blistering speeds. Jade can be seen in her hands as she turns her head to look back at all of them. Her left magenta eye glowing. "You're all dead...heavens blade dance." June says coldly as all of them fall to their knees and disintegrate. Jade disappears as June deactivates her powers.

June sets off running again. "You're amazing, just like your father." Joy says stunned.

"I guess I am." June says with no emotion at all. "Kid when we get back to our safe house my mother will be there. Don't mention my father around her please." June says.

"Understood, thanks for saving me, but why'd you do it?" Joy asks.

"All of your questions I will soon answer. Just hold on till we get to where we need to go." June says sighing. Joy nods as she decides to stay quiet until then. 'This kid, is she really the one? She's showing no signs of her power besides an absurd level of physical strength. She would've broken my hand if I didn't activate some of my power. I hope you're right Rose.' June thinks to herself as she picks up more speed. As she jumps sending them deep into the woods. June comes to a stop as they reach their destination. June opens the door and takes off her shoes. "Ma I'm back and I have the kid." June says to her mother sitting on the couch.

"Good work sweetheart." Hope says emotionlessly.

'I haven't seen her smile in years. Hopefully I can change that.' June thinks to herself.

"Hey mom where's Rose?" June asks as she lets Joy off of her back.

"She's out getting materials. And don't worry bc she's not superhuman like the rest of us so she can go out in public safely." Hope says.

"What happened I thought that the world loved you guys?" Joy asks.

"All of it changed after the war. They now see us as a threat and something that needs to be extinguished. We super-powered people tried to rebel but they ended up killing most of us off. Like my father and both my aunts." June whispered the last part.