Chapter 27

ˢʰᵉ ʷᵃˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵒᵒⁿ⁻
ᴾᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ʰᵉʳ ʷᵃˢ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ʰⁱᵈᵈᵉⁿ ᵃʷᵃʸ.

ˢʰᵉ ʷᵃˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵒᵒⁿ⁻ᴾᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ʰᵉʳ ʷᵃˢ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ʰⁱᵈᵈᵉⁿ ᵃʷᵃʸ

•°☆°•°

Faith sat on the hogwarts express, Tom opposite her reading his book. She stared out through the window, watching as the silhouette of the castle grew smaller and smaller, eventually disappearing into the landscape. Faith desperately tried to control her anxious breaths and her shaky hands; she was going home, a place that during school time, she hopelessly attempted to obliterate from her memory.

The last few weeks of school before christmas passed much faster than Faith had anticipated. Nothing of much importance occured: Faith began to sit with Lottie and Daniel yet again to her delight, Walburga was being her usual snide self, and Amara had taken to flashing a friendly smile to Faith when Walburga wasn't looking.

Things with Tom were almost the same as they always had been, the two remained their somewhat humorous dynamic, which Faith was pleased with. She had been worried that with the added (sort of) romance, things between them would change. But, they didn't.

Tom still always managed to find her when she was alone, and they would simply talk or study together, as they always had done; now however, this talking or studing was usually accompanied by honey- sweet kisses, warm embraces, and soft touches that made Faith's chest giddy with butterflies. Regardless of these blissful and idyllic moments however, Faith was taunted by her own confusion. Sometimes when Faith looked at Tom, she felt as though she could see him. Really see him. See past his intimidating and stern appearance. Yet other times, Faith realised she really knew very little about him.

"Silvers would you please sit still?" Tom looked up from his book, exasperated.

Faith was brought out of her anxious thoughts as she looked up at Tom. Her knee had been bouncing up and down with worry.

"Sorry," She muttered, pulling her knees to her chest on the seat, attempting to take deep breaths.

Tom looked at her, his brows furrowed, "Are you okay?" he spoke with genuine concern laced within his words, something that would have seemed out of place coming from Tom Riddle, though Faith knew better.

"Yeah, fine," Faith nodded slowly, burying her head in her knees and wrapping her arms around herself.

Tom put down his book and sat himself down next to Faith, causing her to look up at him. Tom frowned at her, "You are very bad liar, Silvers."

Faith sighed deeply, staring back at Tom with wide eyes, "I'm just not looking forward to going back home, that's all,"

Tom's eyebrows remained furrowed as he tilted his head to the side, "Faith, why is it that you hate your home so much?"

Faith frowned. His question didn't exactly catch her off guard, but the topic of her home was hardly discussed, even with Lottie and Daniel. All Faith had explicitly disclosed to her two closest friends was that she hated her family and their ideals. Though, the hatred for her relatives didn't quite explain the fear and pain that settled in her chest when her house was mentioned.

"Well," Faith sighed, "It's no secret that my parents hate me, apparently I'm not enough like Axel,"

Tom raised his eyebrows, "I for one, am glad you're nothing like that arrogant bully,"

"Me too," Faith scoffed, continuing, "And, well, my memories are far from fond in that house."

She turned away from Tom, her gaze returning to the window, "Sometimes when I'm there, in that cold house, I feel cornered into darkness. Suffocated by the very walls."

Faith felt a hand on hers, and she turned around to see Tom staring at her with soft eyes, "You'll have me this time."

Faith nestled herself into Tom's arms, resting her head on his chest as she felt her breathing slow and her shaky hands become stable once again, interlocking with Tom's.

"Thanks Tommy."

"So, is there anything I need to know before I meet your parents?" Tom asked as the train slowed, reaching the station.

"They're not too bad, to people other than myself of course," Faith rolled her eyes, "They're just the typical, blood purity obsessed slytherins I suppose," She sighed.

"Will they care that I don't come from a pure blood family like yourself?" Tom asked reluctantly. He did not like to bring up his lack of family.

"I'm sure Axel will have already spoken very highly about you to them, so I wouldn't worry. Practically every slytherin worships you, Tom." Faith grinned as the train came to a halt.

"That's true," Tom nodded, making Faith laugh.

"Has anyone ever told you how truly humble you are, Tom Riddle," Faith grinned at him.

Tom rolled his eyes, sighing, "No, I can't say anybody has."

The two collected their trunks and stepped out of their compartment, queuing behind a group of students who were making their way onto the platform. Faith felt her stomach drop as she edged closer to the train door.

"It's only for two week," Tom assured, noticing Faith's shaky hands.

Faith looked at him, fighting the urge to kiss him in front of everyone, and gave him a small nod. Taking a deep breath, with Tom by her side, Faith stepped off the train and onto the platform, instantly meeting eyes with a dark-blonde haired, blued eyed, stony faced, cold woman.

Her mother.

Note: I am very excited to write the next few chapters :p