Chapter 14, Strange Beings

Start from the beginning

"I'll pull..twist...and crush that arm of yours.....wait......no.."

At This Point I felt Madness slowly start to crawl into my mind, I was losing myself, I didn't FEEL like myself anymore.

   I went closer up to their face.

"I'll hurt myself if you li—"
"Haha, What am I saying at this point?"
"Why am I like this.."

  I scratch my arm, and laughed as I start to drown again in my own Self.

I play around with Mercury's hair and started crying after.

"Wake up." I say.
"I'll hurt....you....no..-"

I wipe my tears off, got off the bed, wandered around, cried, raged, danced, fell, raged again, cried, fell again, stared at Mercury, raged, fell once again, left the room, walked back in, stared at the window, sat on the ground, got hungry and left.

———

/Mercury's POV

I forgot I wasn't supposed to do that
It was already too late
I was deep into my sleep.

My eyes shot wide open, I panicked as I sat up. I was there again. "Fucking shit." I punched the ground, I got up and smirked. "Cross..I know you're there.." I said while widely grinning. There was no response, I sighed in disappointment and stood for a while.

After just standing and tapping my foot, I felt a pair of multiple eyes just staring down at me from above. I lifted my head up to the top, there was nothing there until I felt a sharp pain from my back. I fell to the ground, I turned my head and saw a strange figure with 3 black eyes staring at me.

"They're down!" They yelled. "You must be feeling weird huh?" The knife I stabbed you with has poison covered on it." It laughed. They flipped me over. I felt my insides burning so I looked down, I could see my organs poking out completely. I screamed loudly and the pain got worse. It was melting my organs. "Mercury..Meet Abyss, Static, and Void." Cross walks in with a few other people. "Bitch.." I whispered and the pain worsens.

"One of them is responsible for making Vix a tad bit more crazy in the brain, you know? Vix seems to resist it more..maybe they're more berserk than that syringe that was given..." Cross smirked, "Static, come on up." They give a signal to someone. A static-like face walks in, there was no face. Just static. "You asshole.." I got up but my body restricted me from the acidic pain. "It'll worsen in their brain, good luck with it." Static got close to me and injected something in my body. I spat out a blue liquid after, "Seem familiar? I made it." Static drops the syringe. My body went numb, I could no longer move my body. Cross grabs my intestines, rips it out, and ties it around my neck.

  I shrieked at the sight my insides being everywhere on me and my neck. Cross starts to Pull and strangles me with my own guts.

  My eyes close on their own.

I opened my eyes, I was still there again. I felt my wings being touched by someone. "My, your wings are quite ruined." Abyss was behind me. I jumped back. "GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!!" I yelled. Someone behind me locks my arms. It was a strange figure..Void I think? I ended up being trapped by them.

"Keep them still now.." Abyss got closer towards me with an awfully sharp knife. "I'll stab you in places to keep you alive.." Abyss stabbed my arm. The acidic knife went into my arm, I felt a piece of my skin melt completely. I watched it drip to the ground. I resisted the pain but they stabbed me in the arm again. "I should do your wings next." Abyss yanks me away from Void. "WAIT NO NO PLEASE DON'T!! DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE." I tried running away from them as they pulled me back. "COME ON!! JUST THIS ONCE!!" Abyss laughed and threw me on the ground. I crawl away but Abyss grabs me back again.

"You can't escape this reality, you can't run nor hide. No matter how hard you try. You'll fail." Abyss squeezes my arms. They were locked together. Abyss pointed the knife at my wings, I closed my eyes and hoped to not feel it.

I felt numb
I couldn't feel anything other than the feel of blood and stabbing
I opened my eyes and saw my wings cut off
bleeding everywhere
not only that

Abyss cut off my legs
Blood gushes out
I watched it

I bled everywhere
I crawled myself away. I was shrieking in pain and agony, as I tried to crawl the pain got worse and worse, laughter formed around me, I went dizzy to the point where I couldn't see anymore, It went blurry, I couldn't hear anymore, It went black.

I woke up
I was still there again
I laid on the ground, shocked, not moving

"Mercury?"
A familiar voice said

I look over to see Vix staring down at me, surprised
"Vix! How did you get here?" I questioned them
Vix shrugged, "I'm not sure..I just woke up here." They nervously smiled.

"Oh.." I looked away from them
"Anyways so—" A sharp blade goes through my head by Vix
I fall on my knees
Vix kicked me down
They had red glowing eyes and a grin
Vix started strangling me

As I try to break free, my vision gets worse
before I close my eyes
a weird strange familiar stands in front of me instead.

Void?

Everything went completely black
It was silent
I opened my eyes one more time
I was in the room
I sighed in relief
Thank god.

I got up from the bed feeling sore, I stretched and walked into the kitchen. I saw Vix making lunch, "Oh hey Mercury! I'm making some chicken sandwiches right now. Wanna help?" Vix notices me walking in, they looked strange as they smiled. Slightly wide eyes, tired looking..smile looked forced...

"What's wro—"
"Nothing. Mercury."
"Oh well...uh..you seem exhausted."

"I'm fine, sweetheart.  "
"Okay...."

They still seemed normal, the Vix I saw in reality isn't them. I nodded, I was relieved. I started helping them and after that we ate it. It was great and we put everything up and cleaned. "Thanks for helping me today.." Vix told me, we were laying in bed cuddling each other. I nod my head again, not saying anything.

Vix fell asleep before I could say anything, something I forgot to say.

I was reminded again at that moment
the torture I went through
I didn't feel like sleeping so I just stared at Vix's face

I should drink more coffee soon to stay awake
I'll ditch the tea vix makes for now
it doesn't sound great though
I'll eventually figure it out soon.