But Adelaide knew the reality well. She was already struggling from the energy that was flowing from the battle and she would only be a nuisance and be of no help to Caladium. There was no one capable of helping Caladium here. So it was best to run away so he can focus on the fight. Even though she knew that there was nothing she could do, her footsteps felt heavy.

Adelaide embraced Bell tighter as she forced herself to turn her head away. Looking back at Caladium would only slow down her speed.

Then, her gaze met the creepy blue eyes again.

'Huh...?'

For the first time, she saw the adventurer's face in full view. His face, which she checked with a quick passing gaze, evoked a strange feeling. It wasn't because he looked gorgeous like the long description from the Dungeon Newspaper. It was not the time to check whether he was beautiful or not. Rather, she felt a sense of déjà vu.

Those monster-like eyes were strangely familiar to her, even though it was definitely the first time she had seen them.

Kwagwagwang!

"Argh!"

There was no time for contemplation. The Durahan, who was running at the front, screamed and fell to the floor. A fierce sword strike flew like lightning and destroyed the way. If he had taken one step further, he would've died without even knowing it. Raham, who was running with Pia in his arms, hastily looked back. The adventurer who was far away until just now, rapidly approached.

"How..."

But before he could come any closer, Caladium moved. With one light gesture, flames soared and surrounded the adventurer. At the same time, a huge flame barrier rose between the adventurer and the demons.

"You should play with me."

Caladium twisted his lips and grinned. His cold, sunken eyes quickly glanced at the other demons beyond the barrier.

Adelaide then regained her senses. Unknown to her, her feet moved faster than ever. The other demons were the same. They didn't express their shock because they were in an urgent situation, but it seemed that everyone had the same thoughts, judging by their unnatural movements.

It was not the first time she had experienced a situation where her body moved involuntarily, so she quickly knew the cause. Caladium, who was too busy just to focus on the battle, still used his power to help them escape.

Adelaide and her demons soon entered the inner portal safely. After confirming that they had disappeared, Caladium faced the adventurer. His opponent had a serious expression and seemed to understand that killing Caladium was the priority.

The adventurer rushed in quickly. With an expressionless face, he attacked at a speed that was hard to believe was human. The sharp blade aimed to pierce Caladium's neck. Caladium frowned at the ferocious energy that engulfed him.

'This is quite...'

Truly, the Legend was a talented person whose title truly fitted him. He was stronger than any other adventurer Caladium had ever faced. He was also superior to every other demon he had fought against. It was even more surprising if one was to consider that humans could not display their abilities in a place with such dark magic. He couldn't believe this wasn't his real strength. If they fought in the human world, he might really lose. He bitterly evaluated.

The adventurer who had been fiercely attacking with his sword without break suddenly disappeared within Caladium's flames. Hellfire was usually used as a cover that would melt ordinary people's skin just by touching it.