Chapter 27

2 weeks had passed,

Malia POV:

It's been two weeks and we're on our way sa libing ni Oliver. In two weeks na rin yung, a lot of things happened. Dad was super busy, he's not like that naman noon yet I understand naman, he even checked me on my room at night but I'm already asleep na so that hindi na kami ganoon nagkakausap, but makes his ways naman. Mom on the other hand, was very focused on me especially kapag I'm having my chemo, she's always by my side. Parang naging buntot ko na ito dahil sa sunod ng sunod sa akin. But for now, it's not the same anymore. The sadness I feel gets so deep in my heart, that I can't even cry anymore. Isn't it a beautiful thing how we find people who can make us feel so happy, even at the times when we don't believe in happiness at all and he's the one who made me feel that.

"Anak we're here na" mom abruptly said.

Malayo pa lang ay I can see a lot of people are here. Particularly Jessan ad Keirt.

"Mommy's just here anak" mom added and I just nodded as response.

But I have a feeling that there's a line separating their feelings towards each other ni daddy. Dad said na he'll be with us kapag ililibing na si Oliver. But it's looks like na busy talaga ito, or perhaps he's doing something else? Wala naman sana, I want to ask mom.

"I'm fine mommy, but can I ask you?" tanong ko for hindi pa nagsisimula ang mass and we have a plenty of time pa naman.

"S-sure anak, anything"

"Are you and dad okay po ba?"

When I left those remarks, mom just stared me for a few seconds until I want to apologize for what I've said. Perhaps she get uncomfortable.

"So sorry mommy I hope I didn't asked-"

When she suddenly tucked my hair and smiled at me.

"We're fine, honey. Regarding kay daddy mo, I apologize that he can't have a time for you like mine. Sometimes there are a lot of things in life that won't go the way we want to but that's exactly okay"

Napa isip ako sa sinabi ni mommy are there things that they're been through ni daddy?

"Hay naku, don't overthink na honey. We're okay lang talaga ni daddy mo. It's look likes that father (priest) is already there na. Let's go?" mom said and exited the car.

Pagkarating namin, there was a seat that tita Cathy reserved for the three of us ni daddy. Pero dalawa lang kaming narito ni mommy. Jessan and Keirt are beside me, they've been asking if how am I doing.

"Healing" I said and the mass begin na.

It took an hour at natapos na din ang mass. There's a necro pa pala bago ilibing si Oliver. Oliver's Aunts and Uncles we're the first one who spoke. It's true that Oliver was a very loving and gentleman, inuuna niya ang iba bago ang sarili nito despite that he had a disease. Other of his classmates naman, cried. For they said that he did leave a mark on them. A mark that totally cannot be forgotten. And when the last one who spoke asked if someone will give a message pa ba before tita Cathy. Jessan and Keirt stared at me, pati na rin si mommy. Then tita Cathy give me the mic, kaya nilakasan ko ang loob ko to speak even it hurts a lot losing someone you loved.

"You can do it" mom quote and hold my hand before I go in the middle.

I took a deep breathe muna before start speaking.

"I have come to pay respect and give honor to one of the most important people in my life, my bestfriend, Oliver. Oliver, I am honestly not sure on how am I suppose to start this message, or should I say, how am I suppose to start life again without you? Because right now, it felt as if the world paused for a moment, for me to finally let it sink to me that you are gone?It has been three months since our friendship came into life unexpectedly, and ended unexpectedly as well. Honestly, the first time we met each other, I had no idea and never expected about how things would turn out between the two of us. But here we are, as time progressed we got to know and learn each other, and suddenly became each other's rest and comfort. I would always be reminded of the days where he had always been consistent, especially in checking up on me, asking me how my day was at the end of the day. With him, I felt heard, seen, and validated. I hope that was able to let him feel the same way as well because that's how much I value and care for him too. This happened so sudden that it left me with questions and what ifs. What if I did not hold back myself from telling and showing him what my exact feelings were the day he confessed to me? It was too late, I was too late. Some of you might think that three months might be a short time of span to really get to know each other well but for me three months were a lifetime,  because that's the only time I got to spend with him. During those three months, I learned how amazing he was as a friend, as my friend. Not only his presence, actions, and words helped me to know him but his personality and how he treat those people around him, especially those people who was close to his heart are the reasons why I am and would be forever grateful for the friendship we shared. Right now, I can't explain the sadness I am feeling. It's like it would never go away, just like you that I can't never bring back. Still, I would do my very best to not be sad for a long time. Because I know that he had always wanted me to be happy, and that is what I am trying to do. I hope he's listening Oliver, I hope you are listening and what I said somehow made you felt assured that I will live a best life, just like how you always want me to be. And I'm sorry for this world could not keep you safe, may your journey home be a soft and peaceful one. Oliver, you may be physically gone, but your presence and the memories we shared will remain in my heart  in our hearts forever" and that's it, I couldn't help but my tears suddenly fall.