Chapter 26

Irene POV:

Pinaghalong sakit at lungkot and nadarama namin sa ngayon. Specially the mom of Oliver, imagine losing your only son sa isang iglap lang without noticing something like that will just occur to happen.

All of us are in mourn right now. Malia on the other hand, is in the morgue together with the mom of Oliver talking to him at nagbabakasakaling, they could return the time. Almost an hour nagtagal si Lia sa loob. I was also there inside earlier and want to stay with Malia but she insist na mapag-isa muna then Cathy came on.

Their friends already headed home and told Malia, that they'll come back tomorrow. Just a few second of watching the two inside, Malia's already heading here outside. Pagkalabas nito ay lumabas na rin si Cathy.

"We can stay here ni Lia, Cathy" I said as Lia sat in the chair.

"It's okay Irene, I can handle this. Also your dear Malia needs to rest, I'll just sign the papers and d-death certificate" she answered and couldn't handle to cry again and as a result I hugged her.

When we broke the hug, I asked her if where's the father of Oliver. Siya lang kasi mag-isa ang narito since earlier.

"He's already at peace Irene" hearing those words form her made me shock. Kung sa akin siguro nangyare yun ay I don't know what's the purpose of me living in this world anymore.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry-"

"I-it's okay lang Irene. Both of you ni Lia should headed home na. I'll update her na lang. And I just want to tell you something pala Irene" she concur.

"S-sure Cathy, we can lend help to you anytime-"

"Please be there on Lia whatever may happen. Your daughter's so strong and the urge of her not crying in front of my son even she already wants to. And most especially she was my son's inspiration in life to keep fighting despite of cystic fibrosis he had. Kung kailan okay na ang anak ko and his disease was already cured, tsaka pa siya kukunin. I know that it hurts a lot but alam kong may plano ang Panginoon kung bakit niya nagawa to"

"I will take care of my daughter Cathy, lalo na ngayon na may dinadala itong sakit. And yes, I know that God has a plan on you kung bakit niya ito nagawa. But please if you need help, we're always one call away okay?" I said at nagpaalam nang umalis na ganoon rin si Lia.

"Mauna na po kami tita, I want to stay but it looks like both of you ni mommy doesn't allow me" Lia respond and hugged Cathy.

"Of course Lia, I can handle this na. Just pray on Oliver's soul" Cathy replied and both of us ni Lia ay pumasok na ng elevator to parking lot.

The whole time she's very quiet, hanggang nasa loob na kami ng sasakyan ay ganoon din. Greggy's already waiting us in the house for he didn't make it to come here.

I looked at her while I'm driving and it looks like na nag-iiwas ito ng tingin sa aking as a result that her gaze is outside.

"Anak, you want us to drive through JCO?" I asked her.

She just shook her head as an answer kaya hindi ko na pinilit and we directly headed home for I assume that she already needs to rest.

When we entered the house, Greggy hugged her and Lia just made a bitter smile.

"We're here lang ni mommy mo anak" Greggy said and Lia just nodded.

"Doon ka na lang matulog sa amin anak" I concur but she insist that she needs to be alone, kaya pinagbigyan ko na. I want to comfort her, but she's literally showing that she can handle herself and kung pipilitin ko man ito ay baka mainip na at mas lalong bibigat ang dinaramdam nito lalo na sa ngayon.