I pulled myself together and shoved the shirt inside one of the boxes. I needed a moment to myself so it took a while until I reunited with Scarlett in the living room. Luckily, she didn't notice any of my discomfort, so I didn't have to explain myself. I grabbed my car keys from the table, and made our way outside.

I could see her staring at me intently through my peripheral vision. She's thinking of what to say or if she should even say it. Maybe, I was wrong. Maybe she knows something is bothering me. I wouldn't be surprised. I'm as see through as a transparent box. I don't know how to hide my own emotions, and when I do, it gets exhausting. I pretend so much, I'm starting to believe my own lies. I'm not okay.

I signed us in when we arrived. A few regulars greeted me on the way inside of the training room, where I would usually do my workout. I normally would start with a three mile run for a warm up, but since I came here with someone else, I skipped it. I showed Scarlett the ropes, and a few basic techniques. She wasn't new to the routine, so she caught on pretty quick. Everything I've taught her so far, she knows. It's time to take it up a notch.

I moved on to a couple of grappling techniques, a few she asked for. Scarlett wasn't afraid to be taken down the ground as she willingly allowed me to do a couple of tricks on her. She likes the thrill of it all.

"I'm kind of getting the hang of this." Scarlett chuckled as she got back on her feet. "When is it my turn to take you down?"

"Do you think you're ready for it?"

"I'm more than ready."

"Okay, so we'll do the double leg takedown." I said. "You remember the steps right?"

She nodded, "Yep."

We got into position as she looked at me dead in the eye with a smirk written across her face. I returned the favor, and waited for her next action. Scarlett slowly inched her way toward me, and little by little, our distance closed in. She told me not to take it easy on her, so every time she attempted to do the takedown, I would pull away. By the look on her face, she's very well entertained, but would do absolutely anything to get to me.

"You're not making this easy for me, aren't you?" She drew a smirk-like smile. "I like a challenge."

With one swift movement, Scarlett grabbed both of my arms around my legs while she kept her chest close to me. She used our current position as an opportunity to take me down to the ground, straddling my lap. I laughed in defeat as I threw my head back while catching my breath.

Scarlett held my hands in place as she leaned forward, "I told you I'd get you." She said breathily with her raspy voice, sending shivers down my spine. "I like this. I like being on top of you."

"O-oh." I chuckled nervously.

"Are you okay?" She asked teasingly. "You look a bit flustered."

I cleared my throat as she got off of me, and offered a helping hand so I could get up. I had to look away to brush whatever it was that came over me. The air is too hot for me to handle, and I swear, being in the same room as her intimidates me.

"Y/N." Scarlett calls out to me. "Did you hear what I said?"

I shook my head, pulling myself back to reality, "I'm sorry, what?"