"About last ni-" We interjected each other, flaring up my nerves even more.

Scarlett laughs at my flustered state, "You go first."

I bit my lip, "Okay, so, uh, I wanted to..." I'm struggling to find the right words to say. "I wanted to, uh... apologize."

"Apologize? About what?"

"Kissing you last night." I ripped the bandaid off completely. "I'm sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable. I know we were only following the script, but I just thought that-"

"You don't need to apologize for anything, Y/N." She shook her head as she smiled. "I wasn't uncomfortable or anything. And beside, I think I can speak for both of us that the wine we drank last night really kicked our asses."

I chuckled, "It did. It suprised me because wine usually don't do that to me. Tequila does, so I'm completely blown away."

Now that we're talking, I don't feel as nervous as I did earlier when I woke up. I could genuinely tell that Scarlett meant every word she said, and there wasn't any slight discomfort on both parts. I'm relieved I don't have to avoid her or anything for that matter because I have enough problems as it is. I don't want to add her to it.

"What are your plans for today?"

"I'm off today, so I'll probably go to the gym." I answered. "Why? Do you want to go with me?"

"Funny you said that because I was going to ask if you could teach me a thing or two on mixed martial arts."

"Oh, yeah, of course." I smiled excitedly. "I'm going to warn in advance though, you might leave with a couple of bruises."

Scarlett scoffed, and laughed, "Why? Is it because you're going rough on me?"

"Maybe a little." I joked. "I'll try not to hurt you or anything."

"What? Like choke me? You look like someone who enjoys choking people."

I shrugged, "What can I say? I have a choking kink." I kept our playful banter going.

We laughed in unison as she poke fun at my funny, but somehow flirtatious comments about my so called kink. Scarlett made sure to let me know how I'm a walking red flag, and a womanizer at that. She teased me all throughout brunch, and even when we were doing dishes together. If it was with a stranger, I normally would feel uncomfortable, but it's her, so I kept laughing until I couldn't anymore.

I needed some change of clothes for the gym, so I had to drive back to my apartment. While Scarlett waited for me in the living room, I grabbed my gym bag, and began to search my closet with necessary attire to wear after. I wanted to wear something comfy, and most of my clothes scattered around are winter, so I'm in the process of ransacking the entire space, in search for a shirt.

I stopped all movements as soon as I felt it. Shivers all over my body. I took it out of the corner, hidden between two boxes, her black shirt. I didn't think about time until now. It's been weeks since I saw her, and there has been no contact made since. Everyday, ever since it started, I was hoping for something. A text, maybe a call from her. I longed to hear her voice, and maybe if I'm lucky enough, I want to be able to hear how much she misses me. But, just like our relationship, it's one sided. It always was.