Chapter 11~ the Crow

hmmSorry for the wait, school's been... i'm sure you know XD jam full with homework etc etc... Anyways here's chapter 11!!! thanks for the reads and votes ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Delilah's POV.

 I ran quickly through the deep, dark forest running from who knows what. i found a far enough place to sit, and breath, since i was completely out of breath from running. I sat down on a stump, and took heavy breaths. I looked out in front of me, and out in the darkness i saw a shadow flash by, and then disappear. I gasped, and stood to my feet, ready to start running once again. I heard a few twigs snap around me on my sides. so there's two of them? two misterious things. i looked for the source of the shadow, and snaps. in the corner of my eye i saw another shadow, but it was standing still about three feet away. I turned slowly, coming face to face with a pair of glowing gold eyes. I gasped, recognizing it was a vampire. "w-what do you want?" i asked, my voice shaky as the bitter cold bit at my cheeks. It laughed evily, and walked a circle around me. "you little one." his voice was deep, and raspy. i couldn't recognize it, but i could hear a perfectly clear scottish accent. "why?" i whispered. he chuckled once again, and he stepped closer to me. "you'll find out soon from Styles. i'm just hear to warn you." Styles? does he mean Harry? how'd he know harry? who is this? "you won't hurt m-me?" i asked scared half to death. he chuckled creepily. "oh ofcourse i will. just not yet. we're waiting for the best time." we? like there's more of them? i'm confused. what does he want with me. "the little bird can't protect you forever." he whispered bitterly. the bird? as in the crow that was outside my window earlier today? "how do you know about that?" i asked. he chuckled, and stepped closer to me. "i have my eyes. they're every where. i see you all the time. i send people to stalk you little one. so you might want to look behind you whenever you go somewhere." then he lunged at me as i screamed at the top of my lungs.

     i woke up drenched in sweat, and shaking. I looked at my alarm clock, seeing as i had slept through my alarm. I jumped up, and threw a loose sweater, a pair of dark jeans, and my uggs. I spun around to see the crow standing out side my window pecking on the glass once again. i gasped, but ignored it, throwing my bag over my shoulder, and running downstairs.

I arrived just in time to school, and ran inside the building, and grabbing my book from my locker. I ran to mr. Stanley's room, and sat next to harry. he looked at me worriedly with his big green eyes. "you okay? you look really pale." I nodded quickly, and sat back in my seat. I looked up at the front of the room as mr. stanley began the lesson.  through the whole class i felt myself leaning back, as my eyes closed. i was close to sleep at one point, but harry shook my shoulder, and looked at me curiously. I shook my head, and tried paying attention, but i couldn't bring myself to stay awake. "Del?" Harry asked, again. i jumped up, and sat up. "hmm?" i hummed, and looked up at him. he put his hands on either side of my face, and he looked into my eyes. "what?" i asked, rolling my eyse. he shook his head, and let go of my face. the bell rang, signalling the end of class, and i stood up with my books, but i quickly looked out the window. the bird was there, and hiding behind a tree near the forest was a dark shadow with golden eyes. i gasped, dropping my books. "Delilah!" harry exclaimed as i felt my body start to collapse. my legs started to shake and i felt my eyes roll to the back of my head. the last thing i remember was harry's worried expression, and his arms outstretched coming for my body.

"Poor girl... she has no idea what's coming..." a voice whispered from the shadows. i was in complete darkness, i couldn't see anything but the moonlight shining from above. i heard rustling in the leaves near by. i stood to my feet and began walking, having no idea where i was headed. i held my arms in front of me reaching for anything. " I can't wait to get the Styles'." a spine chilling voice screeched. i froze. Harry. they were coming after him, and his family. i gasped, and began running. the cold air biting at my cheeks as i ran for my life. i bumped into something, falling onto the ground. "where are you going love?"

"i don't know. she just fainted." i heard Harry's voice reply to someone. i slowly opened my eyes to revealmyself in the nurse's office. i turned my head to face Harry's back. he was standing in front of the nurse's desk, answering questions about me. "Ha- Harry?" i asked, sitting up. he turned around a worried expression on his face. his curls were strawn everwhere, and he was breathing heavily. "Lay down, sweetie." the nurse called, standing up. she was a short woman, with straight blonde hair that rested under her chin. she smiled, and handed me a cup of water. i reluctantly took it, and drank all of the cold water, and sighed quietly. Harry smiled, and kneeled beside me. "Ms. Springs, i think Delilah is feeling better now. i'm going to take her back to class." the woman shook her head, and threw away my cup. "no hun, she needs to stay here and rest. it wouldn't -" harry quickly turned around, and spoke to the woman slowly, and sternly. "i'm going to take her home, and you will stay here." she nodded, and smiled. she turned around, and sat at her desk, as if he hadn't said anything. he came over to me, and helped me stand. i gaped at the woman, who started to read a vogue magazine. "wh- what did you do to her?" he chuckled, and held the door open for me. i just stood there staring at him. he smiled cheekily, and nodded towards the door. i walked out of the small office, and waited for Harry to close the door. he looked around the hallway, making sure no one could hear us. "i compelled her." he whispered, beginning to walk to the office door. i followed slowly. "you what?" he rolled his eyes, and put a hand on my lower back, making me walk faster. " i compelled her. it's when a vampire orders someone to do something. we can only compell humans, not other vampires." i nodded, and walked to my locker, but he pulled my hand, spinning me around. "harry! we have to get to class." he ignored me, and kept walking.

i tried pulling my arm away, but his grip was too tight. "Harry, where are we going?" he pushed open the shool doors, and walked onto the parking lot. "shool ends in 10." my eyes widened. how long had i been out? i looked up at harry. his green eyes fixed on his car. "Harry, how long was i asleep?" he looked down at the pavement. "about 4 hours. i never left the nurse's office." i shook my head. then i remembered my dream. i should probably tell him. at least ahead of time if something really was coming. i sat on his leather seat as he opened the door for me. he closed the door, and walked around to the other side, and sat in the driver's seat. he glared out the window, and then looked at me. "What was that all about?" he asked, turning the car on, and turning on the heat. i shrugged, and looked down at my feet. "Damn it Delilah! please just...tell me the truth." i gaped at him, and watched as he ran his hands through his hair. he glanced at me, and laid his head in his hands. "i- i'm sorry Delilah. i'm just...really worried about you." i nodded my head, and sighed before i looked up at the top of his car, and started telling him about my dreams.

he gazed at my face as I finished. "wow... I don't think this is good." he mumbled. I rested my head on the window and gazed out at a few people who had come out. I groaned, and looked back at Harry. he was whispering something under his breath.

he turned to me, and glanced down at my wrist. "take off your coat." I looked down at my black coat, and took it off slowly. he took my wrist, and turned it over. he shook his head. I looked down at what he'd been looking at.

on the inside of my wrist was a black symbol carved into my skin. "what the hell?" I whispered under my breath. he scratched his head,and nodded. "a witch cursed you. that's how you've been having those dreams, and hearing voices....she's warning you." I looked out the window, and saw the black crow. it was perched on my car across the parking lot. "she's the crow." Harry nodded from beside me. i shook my head. there's no way. there's no such thing as a witch, or a vampire. this is a joke. "harry?" he looked up from the steering wheel. "Hm?" i sat there, thinking how i would ask this question. he continued to wait for a question. "Is this real? like...ALL of this?" he thought for a moment before responding. " Do you think it is?" i looked out the window. i honestly don't know...that's why i'm asking you. i thought in my head. "i-i don't reallly know. i need to see it to beleive it. i mean... that could just be a crow, who just happens to land everywhere around me. someone could've drawn on my wrist while i was asleep, you could just look like your relative, and you descided to play along to see my reaction." harry chuckled, and looked out side the windsheild, and pointed to my car. i looked, and there was...Carlise.

"yeah, she decided to sit on my car...so what?" i said obviously. he shook his head. he pointed to her fingers. she was holding up a black feather, apparently listening to our conversation. "Carlise is a witch." i gaped at harry, and slapped his arm. "That's real thick." i snapped, and got out of his car, slamming the door. his eyes were wide, as his mouth hung open. i rolled my eyes, and started walking towards my car. Carlise smiled as i approached, and showed me the feather. i nodded, and sat next to her. she smiled at me, and dug something out of her pocket. she handed me a small box. i took it, ang opened it slowly. inside were small peices of grass like plants, with a purple tint. "Umm... i'm not interested in drugs. thanks though." i said handing her the box. she pushed it back towards me. "it's not drugs Delilah. its vervain. a special plant that harms vampires." i looked up at her astonished. okay... well this still doesn't prove harry's a vampire. she smiled as i opened the box again. " wanna see if harry's really a vampire? take some of that and rub it on your fingers." i shook my head. "i- i don't want to hurt him." she smirked, and looked towards harry's car. "it won't...it'll only sting him a bit." i wondered about it for a second, but descided that i needed to know for sure. i nodded, and took the small plant in my hand, and rubbed between my index finger, and thumb. i hopped off of the car, and made my way towards harry, who looked at my hand, looking nervous.

i stood outside his door, waiting for him to roll down his window. he reluctantly did, and stuck out his hand. i slowly brought my hand towards his. i pressed my finger on his wrist. as my skin made contact with his, his skin started turning red. it looked as if it were burning. "God!" he groaned, snatching his hand back. he held it up to his chest, blowing on it. "wow..." i muttered, watching him. he glanced up at me, and then looked back down at his wrist. i turned my head to see Carlise smile, and nod, before she walked off. I looked down at Harry's wrist that was healed."now do you believe me?"he asked annoyed. I nodded,and watched as teenagers started filling the lot. "I'm sorry Harry. " he smiled,and nodded towards the passenger seat. I smiled, and walked to the other side, sitting in the seat once again.

"I'm sorry." I finally admitted once we reached my house. he parked in the driveway, and turned off the car. he sighed, and shook his head. "you needed to know. I get it. It's no big deal." he mumbled. I looked at the ends of my brown hair , and started to twist it between my fingers. "why did you ever tell me... what you are?" he gazed out his window, and turned back to me. he shrugged. "because, I... I umm.... because, I knew I could trust you." our eyes met, and I could tell he was hiding something. "Harry... is there something you aren't telling me? I can see it in your eyes." he blushed, and smirked. "maybe it's because... I sorta... never mind. it doesn't matter." he turned away, and gazed out his window again. I nodded, and turned up the radio. it started playing "it will rain" by Bruno Mars. I hummed along, as Harry started the beat with his fingers. he smiled at me, showing his dimples on each side of his cheeks. "hey did you wanna go to the café again today?" I thought for a second, before nodding. "yeah. my dad is working late again today so I need some entertainment." he chuckled, and pointed behind us. "do you wanna go now or I'll pick you up later?" "i guess now." i shrugged, and put my seatbelt back on. he smirked,and backed out of my small driveway. "So much for driving all the way here." i smiled, and shrugged, watching his steady driving.

I jumped out of his car, and closed the door quietly. i walked around to his side, waiting for him to put his phone back in his pocket. my ears perked up as i heard a slow rumbling, coming from the road. i turned to look towards the driveway of the cafe'. i saw a wave of golden blond hair coming from behind a black motorcycle helmet. i looked up at harry to see him glaring at her, his eyes furrowed. she parked in front of the cafe', and took off her helmet, her hair blowing in the wind. she smirked at harry, and flashed a small smile at me. "who's that?" i asked, looking up at harry. he was silent. i waited for him to answer but he just kept glancing at me. i elbowed his arm, waking him from a day dream. "Oh... um, that's Vivian. she's one of my adopted siblings." i watched as the small girl, walked up to the door, her heels clicking against the pavement. i watched as guys, stood dumbfounded in front of their cars, their girlfriends glaring at the girl. "you never mentioned her." he shrugged, and closed his door. i sighed, and followed him in the cafe'. he immediately went the opposite direction of Vivian, taking my hand so i wouldn't get lost in the crowd of teenagers. we sat at a small table in the back, and watched as a few kids from my classes started dancing out of nowhere. i giggled, and leaned my elbow on the table. "so, do you not like Vivian or something?" he sighed, and rested his head on his hand. "well, we don't really...get along." he mumbled. i nodded, and watched as Vivian leaned across the counter, speaking slowly to the waiter. i recognized this as what harry had said was compulsion. i glanced at harry, to see him flip his head of curls in her direction. she turned to harry, and winked. she took a glass from the waiter, and smiled. he basically drooled over her. she took a sip of the drink, and walked of to a table, with a few other girls following her.

"did she just-" "yep." i watched as she smiled in our direction. harry snarled, his nose scrunching. she smirked, and rolled her eyes. "are you like communicating with her or something?" he nodded, and waved a waiter over. a tall buff boy walked over, and smiled at me. "hi delilah." i smiled and waved up at him. "Hey, nate." he just gazed at me, smirking. "um...so are you going to take our orders?" harry asked rudely. i glared at harry, and kicked him under the table. "oh, yeah. sorry." harry, pushed a fake smile on his face, and rolled his eyes. "i want a water. Delilah..." i looked up, and smiled at nate. "same." he nodded, and walked back towards the kitchen. i glared at harry, who started texting on his phone. "you didn't have to be rude." he glanced up from his phone, and shook his head. "well, he was checking you out instead of doing his job, so... i helped him." i shook my head, and leaned back in my seat. i saw Carlise in the corner of the room. she smiled, and drew a box with her fingers. i nodded, remembering the vervain box. Nate came back to the table, and put our glasses on the table. i thanked him, and looked at harry. he glanced at me, and looked up at Nate. "thank you." he snapped. Nate nodded, and walked back to another table. i grabbed harry's wrist across the table, grabbing his attention. "what is your problem?!" i whispered he shook his head, and snatched his wrist back. "you still have vervain on your hand." he said looking down. i looked at my hand, and smelled the assence of the sweet smell. i nodded, and stood up. "i'll be right back." i walked to the bathroom, getting waves from a few of my classmates. i walked into the bathroom, and went to the sink. i put my hand under the automatic soap dispenser, and felt the cold, purple soap fall onto my hands. i rubbed my hands together, and made sure to get the vervain off. i put them under the faucet, the water washing it off. i grabbed a paper towel, and began to dry my hands off. i heard the door open from behind me. i gasped when i saw her. her smirk radiating off of her blood red lips. "So, you're Harry's new girl."

~Hey my Wonderful Directioners!!!

What do you think about Vivian? Avril Lavinge will play her (listed in characters on side)! Anyways, thank you so so much for all the reads and votes! I was thinking we could start the whole - # votes and # comments until I update since I have so many reads and it will help me update faster ;D. So 3 votes and 2 comments until I update ;D ~~