Clash With The Past

Clash With The Past

“You shouldn’t have stopped me, abi!” Serhat was livid at Hamit’s audacity. If it was in his hands, today would have had been Özgüç’s last day.

“Do you realize you have filed a complaint against him? You cannot interfere in the police’s job!” Ömer shook his head while driving them back to Serhat’s apartment.

He had immediately taken action and practically dragged the man away from Hamit as soon as she was mentioned. He knew if he didn’t, things would have gotten way too ugly.

“What is the police doing? What has the police ever done for us? Don’t make me laugh!” He rolled his eyes, sarcastically snorting at Ömer’s words.

“Serhat, sakin ol. You are letting your emotions take over yourself. Don’t do this.”

“Then what do I do? Should I just sit down and keep watching my sister suffer and listen to that asshole talking bullshit about…” He let out a frustrated sigh. His patience was being tested the most these days, he didn’t had it in him to keep calm anymore, “You cannot expect that from me, can you?”

“We need to find out what he knows, Serhat.” Ömer looked at him, his voice holding worry and confusion. Hamit blackmailing Serhat about Halide had shocked him too. How did he know about her?

“He knows.” His anger was replaced by a heavy certainty now. There was no use of denying the fact that Hamit knew a lot about them and this is why the man knew Halide was a perfect factor to shut Serhat up.

“But what does he know? How much does he know?”

“Why does it matter?” He shook his head, questioning himself too. Did it really matter what he knows?

“What do you mean, Serhat?” Ömer really couldn’t understand what Serhat was saying. He was failing to find out what is going on in his head.

“He knows a lot, abi. At least he knows enough to know that it will make me question my next step!” He felt physically sick at the thought of Hamit knowing Halide’s whereabouts. He knew he had to stop him before something else happens. He had to act fast.
____
****

It was her last day in Nevşehir, she had stayed a little over a week now and was leaving for Istanbul the next morning. She was sure she’ll miss this place a lot, after all Nevşehir had indeed brought her quite pleasant surprises…

One of the surprises was sitting right in front of her having coffee with her.

The hot stranger, who wasn’t a stranger anymore, had invited her to have kahve at his place after knowing she was going back.
Yeah, it wasn’t like we met almost every day after that day, her inner voice popped up, she groaned feeling heat rising up on her cheeks. They indeed met a lot of times after the night they kissed.

Well, she kissed him.

They knew they were attracted to each other, there was no denying. So they couldn’t help but give themselves in some harmless flirting.

It was fun. She knew it wouldn’t turn into something serious. Or maybe it can, her mind didn’t shut up and she wasn’t ready to admit she liked him more than a lot.

“When are you leaving tomorrow?” he asked, interrupting her thoughts.

“Early morning, I’ll leave around 6.” she narrowed her eyes at the sudden question, giving her schedule a thought before answering him.