His Home

His Home [5]

[Present starts after: ****]

The sky was filled with clouds in the incredibly silent and dark night. She could tell, it was about to rain any moment, breaking the silence.

She let out a long breath, resting her head at the back of the car seat, not speaking a word as the stranger, named Serhat, drove to their next destination, which was his home.

Truth to be told, she was annoyed with herself. She was annoyed that she agreed to go with him, to his house, without an actual sense of fear taking over her? She was surely hesitant to agree at first but it wasn’t like she was terrified or something.

She was just feeling awkward.

You’re basically going, somewhere you've no idea about, with him and you don’t even worry a bit? She turned her head, looking at Serhat, who had a small smile playing on his lips, as he quietly focused on his task.

She didn’t know what it was in him that almost gave her literal heart eyes. She wanted to smack herself for it but still couldn’t help keep staring at his oh so perfect face. Unknowingly, she found herself smiling too, watching him…

She instantly wiped the stupid smile off her face, mentally cursing her thoughts, as she saw his smile turning into a smirk.

Damn it! he knew what was going for sure. Instantly, dropping her eyes in nowhere particular, she pretended be busy in hopes of not getting caught by him.

Not that he didn’t know, already… Her inner voice mocked her at which she huffed.
____

“Ahem… Halide?” She heard someone clear his throat before calling her name.

At first she thought she was dreaming, then she heard her name again. Wait, that voice was unfamiliarly familiar. At once, she opened her eyes, blinking rapidly, trying to come back to life.

“What happened?” She still didn’t know what she was saying as she looked up at him.

“You slept?” He said or maybe asked, not sure what was up with the woman beside him. Suppressing his laugh at her bewilderment, he calmly asked her if she was fine, “Are you okay?”

“I am, evet.” She nodded, finally understanding that she had slept in his car after he caught her staring at him.

Embarrassments after embarrassments. She couldn’t believe what was happening. First she met him at a restaurant, then flirted with him, almost died in a shoot-out, and now slept in his car?

Wait a minute. Where were they? “Why did you stop the car?” What type of a question is that? She once again inwardly rolled her eyes for hundredth time today.

Sleep deprivation was making her do şacma şeyler for sure.

“Because… we are home?” That sounded more intimate that he expected, “I mean we have reach my place.” He corrected himself.

“Right…” She nodded, looking at the house in front of her. Well, it quite a cozy looking cottage house, she admired. The lights were out, it was all dark. She narrowed her eyes wondering if there was someone in there or he lived alone.

She watched him get off the car, waiting for her to step out too as she fought with her seatbelt trying to literally free herself from it while the damn belt had absolutely no plans to unbuckle.