𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Depuis le début

    once she was back upstairs – clay going somewhere to talk to sap – she closed her door and collapsed on the ground. alex snickered. "i told you that you had a ton of shit."

    once again flipping them the bird, iris sat up and looked at the things around her. "god, i don't wanna unpack."

    "just put a movie on."

    "but then you'll watch the movie and you won't help me."

    "ask your roommates for help."

    "but that's mean!"

    alex's jaw dropped. "but begging me isn't?"

    iris batted her eyelashes, taking another lick of her lollipop. "but you're also my cousin who loves me sooooo much that you just couldn't possibly abandon me."

    "i'm gonna abandon you in, like, two hours if we don't get food soon," they complained.

    "literally shut up, all you have to do is hang up clothes."

    "oh, please. you won't last three hours before you're trying to do something else."

    "that's bullshit."

♕♕♕

spoiler alert: it was not bullshit. after two hours, she laid on her floor sipping a mix of fanta and vodka. alex had hung up all of iris's clothes and was now scrolling through twitter on iris's bed while she tried organizing things for her desk.

when iris's phone binged next to them, alex picked it up and immediately fake-vomitted.

"care to tell me why rowan is texting you?" they drawled, disgusted. iris stiffened, quickly scrambling up to snatch the phone out of her cousin's hands. she quickly read over the text while alex backed away from the phone like it had a disease attached to it. "don't you even dare talk to him ever again."

"he's just asking to talk." even though iris herself felt sick to her stomach, she couldn't help but make up excuses. "i think i can like... settle this once and for all, yknow?"

alex's eyes narrowed into slits. if looks could kill, iris would be six feet under in an instant. "rye, you told me everything that happened. he's absolutely the scum of the earth who doesn't deserve a second of your time."

"i can't just leave the friendship–or whatever it was–like that, so—"

"iris, i don't know what kinda drugs you're on right now, but talking to him isn't going to fix anything that's ever happened in the past with him. he enabled sexual harrassment–not to mention getting you drunk and fucking you in the back of his car was basically rape–and because he knows you have feelings for him, he's trying to get you back because no other girl will fuck him."

iris frowned, reading over the text once more. Can we meet at the Starbucks down the road and talk? I miss you.

"iris, i swear to god," alex hissed. "if you meet up with him, i'm flying straight back to washington until you get your head out of your ass. i know you're not this stupid. you have control of our singular braincell, so stop wasting it."

"kinda harsh," rye bit back, even though the last part of alex's speech had her smiling. "i'm just gonna tell him—"

someone knocked on the door. "rye? is your cousin still here?"

"huh?"

the door cracked open and clay peeked in. "is alex still here?" his cheeks were flushed, his eyes slightly red, and iris faintly caught a whiff of something and raised her brows. had he been smoking?