Stars

A hand rested gently on my cheek waking me up. I opened my eyes smiling as I adjusted to the morning light. Kabuto looked at me with a soft smile.

"Good morning, precious." He said softly leaning down to kiss me.

I shot awake breathing heavily feeling as though my chest were being crushed. Quickly Kakashi sat up startled by my sudden movements. He gently rubbed my back and held me.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered trying to catch my breath.

"There is no need to apologize." He comforted me. "Just breathe."

I looked to him from the corner of my eye. Taking a deep breath I rested my head in my hands. I felt movement beside me and assumed Kakashi was going to the bathroom.

"Come on." He said gently.

I looked up to see him holding his hand out to me. Taking it I got out of bed and followed him out of the door to the back porch. On the way out he grabbed something.

The air was warm carrying the smell of the summer flowers. The moon was full and bright lighting up the night perfectly. We sat on the porch taking the opportunity to get some fresh air. Laying my head on his shoulder I started to feel better quickly.

"I've been wanting to talk to you." Kakashi sighed heavily.

"About?" I asked concerned.

"Well, I've been thinking a lot here recently." He started explaining. "We spent 19 years apart and the moment I heard your voice I felt like a kid again. All those days of carrying your backpack home and spending every day together felt like they hadn't been that long ago. While you were gone I'd spend time in the pottery shop looking at the empty stool beside me. There were a lot of nights I'd sleep in your bed. After losing Obito and Rin I feared that I may have lost you aswell. The necklace you made me went everywhere I did. I thought of it as if you were there with me. I regretted all of the time I'd spent isolating myself and wondered if it was my fault you left. As a kid I wondered what if I had failed as your love."

"I understood that all you had been through caused damage. You felt alone so you tried to make it a reality." I laced my fingers between his gently. "I loved you so much and understood that you needed to work on things yourself."

"I don't want to anymore." He responded looking to the stars.

"You don't have to. I'll always stand by your side." I smiled softly as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Then, will you marry me?" He asked looking down at me.

My eyes widened and I sat up staring Kakashi in the eyes shocked. He held a little black box in front of me with a silver ring the had a small round opal. A tear made it's way down my cheek as I giggled softly.

"Took you long enough." I jested. "Of course I will marry you."

He smiled softly as he slid the ring on my finger. Quickly I leaned in kissing him deeply. So many thoughts ran through my head. I was going to be a Hatake. Maybe one day we'd start a family. I was going to be Kakashi's wife. He wanted me to stay with him forever.

Sitting there in the moonlight I felt overjoyed. Kakashi sat smiling looking up to the stars. I knew Sakumo was smiling down at us. Obito, Rin, and Asuma too.