chapter 1

Chapter 1- Zoey’s POV

"So can you go to our school trip to Japan in 7 months?" My best friend, Kristen asked as she tied up her hair. I sighed, "Kristen I’m not rich like you! Of course I can’t afford a 500 dollar trip after my parents got divorce!" I spat. She pouts, "But you have to go Zoey! I’ll die without my best friend there!"

I rolled my eyes, "You’ll survive." My name’s Zoey Allen, age 15 and a freshman ,right now, I’m in a tight situation all right. "Well why don’t you work part time job at the hospital across the streets from here?" Kristen suggested.

I stopped for a second and turned to her. "Oh my God! Why didn’t I think of that? Plus they pay well, but will they even hire a 15 year old?" I thought out loud. "Well, we’ll just have to figure out ourselves!" she grinned and grabbed my schoolbag for me.

"After you" she held the school’s door for me. I giggled and started to head toward the hospital.

-Dash’s POV

"Doctor! Mr. Dash Jereda has wondered off again!" the nurse cried. I rolled my eyes at the weeping nurse. ‘I’m just going out for a few minutes’ I thought shoving my hands in my pockets, heading down the hallways.

My name’s Dash Jereda, 16 years old ever since I was a kid, I was born with a weak heart with no cure, given a year or so to live. Some would find this sad, some pity me. I hated it. Everyone had given up hope on me because I would never listen to any of the nurses in the hospital.

"Really?! I can apply a job here?!" I turned my head to see where all the noise was from. It was two teenage girls, looking like they won a lottery ticket or something. I rolled my eyes, ready to walk out of this place when one of the nurses called my name.

"Dash come back here!" Crap, caught. I turned to come in contact with one of the teenage girl. She looked at me, curious of what I was doing. I took in her features. Her hair was dark brown and was wearing a red T shirt. Her eyes came in contact with mine for a moment. In fact she reminded me of-

"Dash!" I snapped out of my thoughts and instead of running out of the hospital I ran down the hall.

Zoey’s p.o.v

I looked at the teenage boy run down the hall. My head started pounded for a second in pain, I clutch on my head for a few seconds before it went away. Weird. "Wonder what’s wrong with him" Kristen said. "Excuse me miss" someone tap on my shoulder. I turned to see a worn out nurse. "Have you seen a boy around your age? He has dark brown hair and blue eyes?"

"Uh yeah if you mean the guy that ran down that hall" Kristen pointed down the hall where the guy ran. "Thank you very much" the nurse sighed and ran after him. I started to wonder who that boy was and why the nurse seemed so desperate to find him.

The lady behind the counter notice I was wondering by my look and she chuckle. "Don’t worry about Dash there. He loves to wonder off, all the nurse is sick of the boy because they usually get fired for losing him. He’s a handful sometimes" she handed me a piece of paper.

"Just sign the paper below and you’ll be working here tomorrow, by the way I’m Demi" she gave me a smile and I sign my name. That's it? Wow, never knew you can apply to work part time at a hospital... "All right, work begins right after school tomorrow, make sure to buy a scrub and I’ll show you around not to mention your patient tomorrow also."

I nodded and me and Kristen started to leave though I still wondered about that strange teenage boy and how his eyes looked like it gave up on everything.

And why did they look so...familiar?

votee and comment ♥ :)