You laughed as you heard the sound of her/his claws scratch against the wooden floor. The noise stopped for a moment before you heard it again but it grew louder. Without time to process, she/he was back, and sat in front of you as she/he waited for you to throw the toy again. "You're too precious, aren't you?" You grinned as you took the toy and threw it down the hall again.

Later that evening when you looked out your window, you heard a knock on the front door, downstairs. "Quincy, can 'ya get that?" You heard your father shout. "Oh! Quincy, how are you?" Tamara's obnoxious voice chirped. You banged your forehead against the window a few times to cause a ringing in your ears so you wouldn't have to listen to her, anymore. Unfortunately, you couldn't knock yourself out, meaning you would have to interact with her. After you gave up, you returned to your bed to lie down.

You didn't leave your bedroom that entire night, waiting for Tamara to leave, instead. You would avoid her at all costs. Even when Quincy tried to convince you to come out for dinner, you refused, no matter how hungry you were. She was the real witch in the house. While in your empty thoughts, you heard someone at the end of the hall, so you paused to listen. A faint knock then tapped on your door, which made you get up to answer it. You only regretted doing that. The moment you saw her sage-green eyes, you wished you could slam the door shut in her face but you had some self-control.

"What." You stated rather than asked with an irritated tone. "Well, I'm leaving now. Thought I'd at least say bye." She announced with a sickly grin. "Okay, bye." You said for her and folded your arms. The strawberry-blonde woman rolled her eyes, which irked you but you remained unbothered on the outside. She "smiled" again and, out of nowhere, grabbed you in a hug but you never hugged back, only feeling trapped. "I will get my way, Y/n, just watch. I'm not done making you miserable." She whispered which made your eyes widen as you saw your father show up behind her.

"Did you hear her?!" You exclaimed and shoved the woman off of you. "Hear what?" Your father raised a brow out of confusion. As usual, Tamara blamed it on you, always crying wolf. "I just said "bye" and she started threatening me!" Tamara claimed with a bewildered expression which fooled your father. "You're such a liar, you fucking bastard!" You shouted but immediately regretted it when you felt your father's burning stare on your figure. He was beyond furious at you, still baffled you would say such a crude thing about someone, especially Tamara.

The taller man stepped forward, not knowing how else to discipline you, so, he slapped you upside the head. Your hands immediately shot up to the back of your skull which throbbed in pain. You were used to Quincy being rough with you but never once had you been hit that hard. You kept your gaze low as the room fell silent, an awkwardness lingering between yourself and your father. Although, you could sense a wave of guilt cross his person as his own hand stung from the amount of force he used. He, too, was shocked by his own reaction. He had never once struck you and after that day, he never wanted it to happen again.

Without another word, both Tamara, and your father left your bedroom as you stood uncomfortably still. You did not know what to think at that moment, mind sort of lost, yet, it seemed to go a million other places at once. Defeated, you found yourself on the floor, chest leaning against your knees while you continued to hold your head. Before you could have gotten too spaced-out, a gentle paw laid on your arm, a sad look on your dog's face as she/he sat beside you. "Hey girl/boy." You sighed and rubbed her/his back for comfort. "You'll always be good to me." You whispered.

Flashback End

The rays of the sun heavily beat down on your (color) flesh, already stinging as a burn sets in on the hot afternoon. Tasked with hauling supplies beside Mikasa due to your underestimated strength, you pass by Conny and Jean, as they hammer in planks of wood into the ground. "Look at you boys go!" You exclaim in an effort to cheer them on as they lose motivation from being exhausted. "I'm willing to trade." Conny sighs, giving his arms a quick break before continuing to swing the large mallet over his shoulder. "You're doing a better job than me." You shake your head, proceeding to carry rails for the latest upgrade to your island: a railroad.