Chapter 26

Cole p.o.v

It was too late at night and everyone was tired so we thought it would be better to save the explanation for the next morning, settling into my room I am quick to fall asleep I am so tired. The next morning after having some breakfast, we sit down in the living room I explain to them what happened to me and John, of course, mum had to explain some of it to my siblings but when she finished they understood it.

Gabriel - so you can remember everything apart from who your mates are?

Cole - by the looks of it yeah, that's why I haven't gone back to the packhouse yet I dunno what to say to them.

Brittany - but you still have Skylar's mark look.

Mum hands me a mirror so I hold it up to my neck and see that I do bear Skylar's mark but before I could say anything Esmeralda speaks.

Esmeralda - excuse me but should we really be talking about shifters and vampires in front of Pearl? I mean all this might be confusing for her.

Griffin - that is a good point.

We all look to Pearl who's cuddling into Draco normally I wouldn't say anything about my pack in front of a human who doesn't have a connection to the pack but something tells me that she isn't surprised to hear all this. In fact, I believe she is something else. Everyone was questioning her and of course, Draco was telling them to stop as he was defending his girlfriend.

Gabriel - well Pearl?

Draco - guys stop!

So to test my theory and to stop them from arguing I picked up a pencil that was on the table and threw it towards Pearl, everyone was shocked that I did that Draco was mad as he stand up from his seat to yell at me.

Draco - what the fuck Cole why are throwing pencils at my girlfriend?!

But no one expected her to catch it between her fingers.

Gabriel - wow.

Esmeralda - holy shit.

Griffin - fuck a duck.

Riccardo - Griffin!!

Griffin - sorry but how did she do that?

Everyone turned to me while I was looking at Pearl.

Cole - I believe Pearl has a secret, right Pearl?

Before she could answer Draco punches me in the face which causes Hunter to growl but I push him back down

Draco - how dare you!! Do you think just cuz you have Violet that you can have Pearl too? She doesn't have a secret so stop interrogating her!!.

Cole - that was a fake relationship so it doesn't count.

Even tho I can't remember being with them I can still remember some things about them before anyone could say anything to stop us from fighting Pearl stands up and what she says shocks him.

Pearl - Draco Stop it, he's right I do have a secret.

Draco looks at her in complete shock.

Draco - please don't tell me that you are his mate too?

Pearl - what? No! It's nothing like that.

Esmeralda - then why don't you seem surprised about Cole being a shifter?

Pearl takes a steady breath.

Pearl - I know of shifters and vampires because...well I am an part of a vampire hunter family.