Ch. 5

Beomgyu sprinted out of the elevator, his black boots thudding against the floor as Soobin also followed behind.

The pair stood still as the board of directors file out of Mr. Kim's room, tsking at him on their way. Beomgyu pretended to ignore and clenched his teeth before entering the room.

"What the heck was that!!? Why am I going on a break?" Beomgyu almost yelled, making Soobin ask him to calm down. But at this moment, how the F was he supposed to calm down???

Kai also came running into the room. It was obvious that he'd also hurried back after hearing the so-called "official statement" that was announced without actually consulting with Beomgyu. When they were in the car on their way back from Wooju's kindergarten, Beomgyu had noticed an LED declaring the breaking news, and instantly asked Soobin to turn on the radio. And this was what he found out;

"After a thorough discussion about the issue regarding his homosexuality, pop star Ben's agency has stated that he was embarrassed at himself, and was regretting his choice. Ben has decided to take a break from his music career for an unknown period of time to reflect on himself, and soon return with even better music. JinHit will continue to support and respect Ben's decision through thick and thin and expects the same from the beloved fans."

"What? Thorough discussion? I'm embarrassed? I regret? A fucking break? That too for an unknown period of time?" Beomgyu raised his voice, as his veins popped beneath his forehead. "When did I ever say all these?"

"Look, Ben." Mr. Kim grabbed his shoulders "Let me explain it to you"

Beomgyu shoved off the man's hands. In his eight years of relationship with JinHit, Tonight was the day, he was on the verge of losing his trust. "Explain? You lie to the whole world in front of my face and you think you deserve an explanation?"

"Then what was I supposed to do?" Mr. Kim yelled back. "What in the world I'm supposed to do when all the other directors want you to be gone from the industry?"

"So be it, then. Disappearing is still better than a break because I ain't accepting some made-up shit. I don't care if someone hates me for something as petty as sexuality because that's my damn choice—*cough*"

"Beomgyu, hey, take it slow." Kai retained the idol back and made him sit before offering him some water. The younger refused but then accepted it when Soobin kept insisting. They let the silence sit for a while. Mr. Kim took in a deep breath after taking a seat opposite from Beomgyu.

"I know this is hard for you, but please, trust me on this." His tone was now much more gentle. "I have convinced them by saying that you will lie low for some months until people forget about it. And then you can divert their attention by releasing your bops again."

Beomgyu glared at the director. He knew Mr. Kim was being thoughtful but everything about the situation was annoying him. He'd understand if it were a scandal about anything else but his sexuality.

Why did he need to feel guilty about what or whom he liked? Aren't these the same people who go on raving about his music and personality? Suddenly why was his sexuality being a topic of discussion?

Maybe it was really time for a break. To clear his head.

Beomgyu suddenly stood up, and sighed. "If someone found out that you're having an affair with your bodyguard NJ-ssi, will you also take a break from the director position or what?"

And then he turned around to leave without an answer, making Mr. Kim just sit there with a baffled expression.

"YAAA!! HOW FAR DO YOU KNOW??? YAA, YOU BRAT! GET HERE BACK!!" Mr. Kim yelled as the door shut in front of him when Soobin and Kai turned red but found leaving the room easier.