Ch. 6

"Soobin!!!" They heard when they were just walking towards the elevator from the director's room. A tall figure came running to hold Soobin gently by his wrist.

"Are you okay? If Beomgyu is going on a break, then...are you too??"

"Yeonjun hyung, are you serious?" Beomgyu chastised the male.

Choi Yeonjun—one of the finest dancers of JinHit, and Beomgyu's main choreographer. Dance has always been his passion, and he has received professional training since a very young age. Although he isn't someone to bring himself in front of the camera, he has his own fandom cheering and screaming and drooling when he receives prizes at the year-end award ceremonies for choreographing all of Beomgyu's steps.

Oh, did I say that he has a lot of people flirting and trying to date him but...he himself is a simp for none other than (obviously you guessed it right!) Beomgyu's manager, Choi Giant Soobin.

"Wae~~" Yeonjun pouted. "It's your fault for not being able to keep your sexuality a secret!!"

Beomgyu huffed, crossing his arms. If only people exactly how many people inside JinHit were gays and bisexuals!

Soobin retreated his hand from Yeonjun's to push up his glasses before clearing his throat. "You don't have to worry about me, Yeonjun-ssi. Beomgyu isn't going away forever, and neither am I."

And Soobin doesn't reciprocate his feelings, or at least he pretends not to.

Kai, who was just standing there silently, stepped forward to lighten the mood. "That's right~ Me and Soobin hyung will still have to stop by the agency from time to time."

Yeonjun did feel bad but he just showed a tight-lipped smile before coming back to his track and ruffling Beomgyu's hair. "Of course, I'm pretty sure we'll be together very soon. You're always welcome to my studio, yeah?"

Then he just walked away, glancing at Soobin slightly to receive no reciprocal before completely disappearing into the hallways.

Their way down to the emergency exit and to the car was silent.

"Take me to my apartment please." Beomgyu sighed deeply before shutting his eyes and letting his head fall at the backrest. Beside him was his manager as Kai chose to drive the car this time.

+×+

They reached Beomgyu's place after a short drive. Soobin got out first and then Hueninkai before Beomgyu did. They paced towards the gate and were about to pass by when someone suddenly threw something Beomgyu's way. Thanks to Kai's reflexes that came in handy to cover him at the right time.

"Ben, disband! Ben, disband!"

A swarm of people suddenly flooded in front of him with mean words written in banners, and his previous albums in their hands to attack him with those. They made their way towards the trio, screaming;

"Take away all your albums!"

"Give us back our money."

"Ben is gay, ew!"

"We had high hopes for you."

"Go away!! I hate you!"

Kai spread his arms to keep Beomgyu safe from all the hassle while Soobin swiftly took off his jacket to cover him, and then run back to the car. They, at first, made sure Beomgyu was safe before gradually getting into the car and driving as fast as Kai could.

"Beomgyu! You'll be okay!!" He heard Soobin yell on top of his lungs as they rushed out the road. But he wasn't sane enough to register what else Soobin or Kai was saying. The images of people he doesn't know lurching at him were still clear to him.

What had he done so wrong to anger anyone that way?

How is deciding whom to like concerned anyone other than him?

Beomgyu choked, and then only he realized that he had tears in his eyes. Soobin and Kai were offering comforting words but all in vain. This was a situation he'd never expected to find himself in.

His blurry eyes stung as the street lights passed by a flash but it was nothing compared to the stings he was feeling inside. For the first time in his life, he wondered if he really was capable to be an entertainer. If this world really needed him the way he was.

If all the decisions he took so far to reach where he was were even worth it.