Ch. 3

"...I'm into...men...haha they never doubt you if you're a gay. They just think you're two buddies hanging out but when they spot you with women, they're so sure that you guys might be dating when in reality you might not even be interested in each other. So funny!"

Mr. Kim pressed the remote to turn off the television, turning his swivel chair towards the trio. "Care to explain?"

Beomgyu crossed his arms. "So, me being gay is a problem but someone plying my drinks to make me spill my private matters is not?"

"Look, Ben." Mr. Kim looked at Soobin and Kai, who were just standing behind where Beomgyu had been seated with their gaze down. "The people won't care about who intoxicated you or used unfair means to find out about your personal life. The main thing is you are not interested in women. Do you know what that means?"

"That I'm gay." Beomgyu bluntly answered, making the director slap his own forehead twice.

"That means, you don't care if women are interested in you or not. Yaa! You two!" Mr. Kim pointed at the other two boys. "Aren't you supposed to be with him all the time? Where were you that night!!?"

"Do not yell at them! I had asked for some private time for that party." This made the director restrain himself from pounding his fists to the table.

"Ben, dear. Can you kindly tell me exactly what happened?"

And then Beomgyu described how a top hallyu actress had asked him out after a rumor spread of them seeing each other. He respectfully rejected her multiple times, but she was still pressed. One day she suddenly called him and apologized, and "to end it on a good note" he agreed to join the small party she was holding that evening. The last thing he ever expected was things to turn out this way.

Mr. Kim sighed defeatedly. "Choi Soobin." He called, and Soobin almost immediately straightened his back. "What about his contracts?"

Soobin hesitated for a while but when the director arched his brow at him, he took in a deep breath and revealed, "All three of those got canceled."

Mr. Kim now glared at Beomgyu, who could only sigh. "Okay, I'm sorry...for what? For being gay? For not liking women?"

"It's too late now." Mr. Kim shook his head. "The board meeting is at 6. I'll try my best but you should brace yourself for the worst. The official statement will be made soon."

"Wait..." Beomgyu stood up, agitated. "After all the money I made for JinHit, this is the best you can do for me?"

"For now, yes. But we will try our best to fix it, just..trust me with this."

And then, Beomgyu just turned around to storm out of the room. Soobin and Kai bowed and quickly followed behind. The three went out of the emergency exit because the reporters were still waiting to gobble them up with questions.

Beomgyu hopped inside the car but the moment Kai was about to do the same just as Soobin also got into the driver's seat, the youngest received a call.

"I need to take this call." Kai excused himself. Meanwhile, Beomgyu just stared out the window and sighed.

"There isn't much we can do right now. Do you want to rest somewhere?" Soobin asked from the front seat, his voice sounding as gentle as always.

Somewhere... Beomgyu's eyes widened as he remembered. "Hyung!! I need to go see someone!!"

"We can't be doing anything suspicious—"

"No! Don't worry!" Beomgyu assured, his excitement somewhat was useful in these cases. "It won't take too long. I promise we'll be back by 6."

As soobin nodded, Kai came running. "Umm Hyungdeul, if it's okay, can I go visit my friend for a while? He needs to pick up his daughter but there's no one to look after his café."

"Of course, you should." Beomgyu waved his hands with a soft smile. Kai slightly bowed to them as an act of gratitude before getting on to his bike to leave first.

"Let us leave too." Soobin reminded, and Beomgyu relaxed inside the car.

Midway through the journey, Soobin glanced at the back seat to see Beomgyu looking at the passing cars but he didn't seem anxious. "Is it the same person you meet when you don't have any schedules?"

Beomgyu just hummed. "Wooju is her name." As if he already knew what Soobin was about to ask next.