"I promise," I say. He takes a deep breath and turns towards our waiter.

"She'll have a medium-rare steak for the main course and...," I cut him off before he can say anything else.

"That's more than enough for me," I tell him. He just nods his head and doesn't say anything else to me for the rest of the time we stay at the restaurant. I don't know if he's mad at me or what. He just looks like he's in deep thought and this is scaring me.

Everything's been scaring me since I met Ethan again. This whole situation is messing with my head and I'm hating this.

And once again, I'm regretting taking up this job. If it weren't for it I wouldn't have met Ethan again. I swore to myself that I'd never see his face again and here I am, having lunch with him.

After lunch, Aiden and I go back to the office. The only time he talks to me during the drive is to tell me that he'll be working late today so I'll have to call the driver to take me home.

I still have to ask him about England. Why didn't he tell me about that, he should have. When was he going to tell me? On the day of the flight?

Or was he planning to just leave and call me later to tell me that he isn't in the freaking country anymore?

We reach the office and I make my way towards my cabin because I have to check  Aiden's schedule before going to his room.

I pick up my tab and make my way to his room. I knock on the door and wait for him to allow me entrance.

Upon hearing his voice, I open the door and step inside.

He's sitting behind his desk, his sleeves rolled up, and his reading glasses on. He typing something on his laptop, probably an email. But damn, he looks hot.

It takes everything in me to stop myself from jumping on him and kissing the literal hell out of him. I walk towards his desk, griping on the tab so hard that I'm afraid it might break. Why am I suddenly feeling this way? Am I that needy?

He looks up at me and raises his eyebrows. 

Damn.

"What is it, Marilyn?" He asks, turning his attention back to his laptop expecting me to say something. But I don't. I just keep walking towards him.

Click-click-click. 

He keeps on typing. I reach his desk.

Click-click

Clack!

He presses enter and looks at me again.

"What happened?" He asks again.

"Are you mad at me?" I swear I wasn't planning to ask him that but just by looking at him I had this sudden urge to ask him if he was mad at me or if I'm just overthinking things.

He frowns at this.

"Why would I be?" He asks. I just look at him.

"I don't know, I thought you were." 

"I have no reason to be mad at you, Mrs. Hayes." 

Oh, so he's being my boss right now. That means there are high chances that he's mad at me. As my husband.

I nod and place my tab in front of him and bend down a little.

"You have to go to the construction site to check the progress and Mr. Halls is coming to see you at five."

I decide to remind him about his meeting with his clients from Hong Kong too, who'll be coming the day after tomorrow. I start briefing him about the meeting that is going to take place, just to take my mind off the unholy thoughts that have started attacking my innocent mind.

I keep my gaze lowered to my tab as I keep on briefing him until I realize that he isn't questioning me about anything which is quite weird because he always has a ton of questions for me, and that makes me nervous as hell.

I look up at him and my cheeks start heating up instantly.

He's looking at me. 

To be more precise, he's looking at my cleavage which is in full view as I'm bending in front of him. I clear my throat to get his attention and he immediately snaps his attention back to me.

"Okay, Is that all?" He asks as if he wasn't just staring at my cleavage just now.

I nod slightly and he turns his attention back to his laptop.

"You can go now, do tell me when you're leaving." He tells me but at this point, I'm not even listening. 

I've been trying so hard to control myself but hell it's so damn hard to resist those luscious lips of his.

Upon getting no reply from me he looks up at me again.

"Is there anything else you want to say?" He asks. I shake my head and walk towards him.

He frowns at this and turns in his seat to face me as I reach his side.

He opens his mouth to say something but I don't give him enough time to say whatever he wanted to say.

I place my hand on his shoulder and lean down to his level. He seems dumbfounded, I know I would be too because what the heck am I even doing?

We're in the office and he's my boss.

I can feel the shock radiating from his body as I claim his lips with mine.

Well, he's my boss

And my husband.

It's okay to have some romance in the office, right?

But just as I feel his lips over mine reality hits me like a truck. This is the first time I've initiated a kiss and I  have no idea what to do after this.

I start pulling away from him just after our lips touch. Just as I move my lips away from his, his hand makes its way to the back of my neck, pulling me towards him he smashes his lips over mine and starts kissing me like he'd been wanting to do that for hours.

Which he probably has.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one having unholy thoughts.