Chapter Eight.

What is happening here? I never thought he would react this way.

Oh my god.

I'm freaking out. I'm freaking out.

He rests his chin on the top of my head and at this point, I'm positive that I'm dreaming. 

Ah, such a nice dream Marilyn. I hope I never wake up.

But, I'm not dreaming.

I know, I'm not. I can feel his strong arms circling me.

He pulls me away gently after several seconds and looks down at me. I can see that he's trying hard not to smile. Suddenly he seems like a completely different person.

"Take care." He says. I nod.

He turns around and starts walking towards his car. The driver opens the door for him and swiftly move towards the driving seat.

I stand there watching him, he isn't looking at me. He has his Ipad in his hand and he's typing something on it. The car starts reversing and that's when he looks up at me. We just look at each other until the car disappears.

And that empty feeling returns.

But then the realization hits.

We just hugged, didn't we?

We hugged and he didn't kill me.

That means I can touch him, right?

Why didn't I do that before?

I go back inside feeling happy, I feel like I own the world at this point. I'm so happy.

I spend the whole day in this extreme happiness. I can still feel his touch on me. 

Is he changing for good?

I hope I'm not wrong. Because if I am, my heart is going to be shattered.

*

It's nearly one a.m when my phone starts ringing. I jolt awake and look around in panic, just to realize later that the screeching sound is coming from my phone. I need to change my bell.

I pick up the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Who is this?" I speak with great difficulty because I was having the time of my life, don't these people understand that calling someone at this time is considered rude?

I hate people who come in between me and my sleep.

"Where are you?" I hear his voice from the other end and wake up completely. 

"I'm in bed, Aiden. Where else would I be?" Why is he calling me at this time of the night?

Is he here by any chance? I get up and rub my eyes.

"Get out of bed right now and go inside the closet, right now." He says urgently, I'm still sleepy so I can't understand a word he's saying.

"Is there anything you want?" I ask.

"Marilyn, for fuck's sake get out of bed and go inside the closet right now and lock the door. Hurry!" He shouts the last part and I nearly jump out of my skin.

I get out of bed and do what he says, even though I don't know what's going on.

I turn on the lights, sit down on the closet floor and press the phone to my ear.

"What is going on? Why are you telling me to do weird stuff?" I ask him, I'm hating this. He interrupted my sleep. God, when will I be able to get enough sleep?

"Have you locked the door?" He asks, I stand up and lock the door.

"I did," I tell him sitting back down again.