Chapter 52: Better Hurry

Start from the beginning

He had always thought that the two might have something between each other, considering how close they are. But he never thought, it'll be this painful once he witnessed it in person. He can feel needles poking at his heart as he watch the two who failed to notice his presence and continued to bicker with each other which came out as something sweet in his perspective... only to bring it a bitter smile on his lips.

"So, it really is him, huh Y/N?" He chuckled to himself as he looked down to the ground, getting a good feel of the breaking of his heart.

The feeling he's feeling now is just the same as when his mother passed away. The feeling of losing someone. And he knew in that moment, that he did not only lose in a rivalry... but he also lost someone he had wanted to treasure in his whole life as someone more special.

'Was it because I didn't show her enough of my emotions like Shinichiro did?' He thought to himself as he clench his fists. He can't help but blame himself for not being expressive enough to show her that he likes her. Then would he have stood a chance against someone like Shin?

'Of course, not.' He answered to his own self, gritting his teeth. 'I can never compete with someone like him anyway.'

He raised his head once again only to see the two teasing each other and still not able to notice him standing there not too far from them. Feeling his mood go straight down, he took a step back. He can already feel the burning feeling in his eyes as it starts to get watery at the sight of them. He was experiencing a mix of emotions but his sadness and anger dominated in him the most.

He didn't even notice the two figures approaching him who stopped the moment he started to walk away without giving them a glance.

"Oi Wakasa! Where are you going?" Benkei once again called but Wakasa ignored him and turned around a corner, leaving them baffled at his behavior. When Benkei was about to take a step forward to follow him, Takeomi was quick to stop him.

"Let him be, Benkei." Takeomi said but he wasn't looking at the direction where Wakasa disappeared. His eyes were glued to the two people now approaching them when they heard Benkei's voice. "I think he needs some time alone." When Benkei noticed the two, realization was quick to hit him. The two of them knew in an instant what had happened, considering how Wakasa's negative aura is pouring out visibly. Benkei immediately got Takeomi's message and nod his head.

"Wakasa? He was here?" Y/N asked curiously while eyeing their surrounding. As soon as they neared them, the dark haired man raised a brow. The both of them instantly noticing the girl's red and puffy eyes as she look around.

They might not know the exact reason but they know that the girl had been crying alone with Shinichiro. And they can only imagine what Wakasa witnessed in that moment.

"You didn't notice?"

"Well... I was kinda occupied at the moment so I really didn't pay attention to my surroundings." The girl answered while scratching the back of her neck guiltily. Her nose and cheeks are still reddish due to her crying state earlier yet she can only worry if Wakasa saw her in that state. She hoped that wasn't the case, feeling too ashamed to be crying over leaving for her father the next day.

After all, she still hasn't told him about it.

She was lucky to have Shinichiro by her side who she can let out her emotions to.

However...

She looked around once again, spotting no familiar light hair around. She's starting to worry that the guy might be going home now. She needed to hurry and confess to him quick before she regrets everything.