Chapter 17 Tides of Change

Start from the beginning

"Oppa! Eomma's here!" Eun Ae informed the little group.

"Eomma?" Jeong Eun looked up. "Tae Rin-ah, I have to go! See you tomorrow!"

"Annyeong, Jeong Eun Oppa!" Tae Rin waved adorably from the see-saw.

Minutes later, the car door slammed shut. As with all days, the children's enthusiastic chatter engulfed the space of the car with stories of their day with their friends, amongst random musings and childlike discoveries.

"Eomma, Tae Rin's having a birthday party next week! I'm invited!" Eun Ae exclaimed.

"I received an invitation too." Jeong Eun shrugged casually, trying to hide the blush forming on his cheeks.

"Omo, how nice of her! We should get her a nice present before her party." Ye Jin suggested lightly.

"I want to get Tae Rin the most beautiful present ever." Jeong Eun spoke shyly albeit with a little more confidence.

"I know you'll pick the perfect present for her, monkey. Eun Ae and you can get a new outfit for the party too. I'm sure Ki Rai would love a new princess dress too." Ye Jin beamed.

"Ne!" The children chorused together.

Shaking her head fondly at their precious babies, Ye Jin effortlessly pulled up in the parking space of the Hyun Family House.

"Eomma, is Jackson coming over today?" Jeong Eun asked.

"Mmm, Jackson should be here in an hour. I trust that you would both take good care of him and Ki Rai?" Ye Jin smiled with her eyes.

"We will, eomma! Jackson is tiny just like dongsaeng! We will protect him!" Eun Ae promised easily.

"Shall we?" Ye Jin tilted her head towards their home, her eyes glistening with pride for their children.

Nothing else needed to be said as the beautiful family entered their homely abode. Big smiles adorned the childrens' faces as they turned to wave their mother over with their backpacks swinging gently side by side. In response, Ye Jin laughed, walking up the steps to take ahold of their children's hands.

The only thing that could bring more joy to their faces was if Hyun Bin was with them. But alas, they could only wait patiently for his return.

As Ye Jin was fond of saying, they ought to take it one day at a time and look forward to their future together.

"Eomma's back, baby." Ye Jin snuggled Ki Rai's chubby cheeks close to hers. "Jackson's coming! Are you excited?"

"Yay Jackson!" Ki Rai clapped soundlessly. "Ki Rai have fun!"

"That's right, sweetie. You're going to have so much fun with Jackson."

And indeed, they were in for an afternoon of fun.

❀❀❀

An hour later

"Ki Rai!" Jackson ran over to their little one with his arms open wide, prompting their littlest princess to peek around her mother's legs.

Smiling from ear to ear, Ki Rai toddled over to her newest friend, welcoming Jackson with a big hug of her own.

After exchanging greetings with Natalie, Ye Jin took the children back indoors where their eldest two took the lead in entertaining the little ones.

For the most part, Ye Jin took her work to the common area where she could look over some documents while keeping an eye on the children. As always, with Jeong Eun around, their children were angels and Ye Jin didn't have much to worry about.